Visa policy of Bangladesh
As a sovereign state, Bangladesh requires all foreigners to obtain permission to enter its territory. Visas are issued by Bangladesh missions located throughout the world or on arrival to Bangladesh. Extensions are available at the Department of Immigrations and Passport of Bangladesh and fees vary by country. Most foreigners require a Bangladesh visa to enter Bangladesh.
Visa policy map
Citizens of the following 24 countries are exempt from visa requirement:
Visa on arrival
The following countries are specifically enumerated as countries whose citizens can obtain visa on arrival for the purpose of official duty, business, investment and tourism regardless of the Bangladeshi mission status:
Citizens of all other countries without a Bangladeshi mission or arriving from such countries may obtain a visa on arrival for the maximum stay of 30 days, except the following 23 (unless they are residing in a country without a Bangladeshi representation):
No Visa Required seal
Bangladesh missions provide a No Visa Required (NVR) seal for Bangladeshis holding foreign passport and nationality as well as to non-Bangladeshis who are descendants/relation of Bangladeshis. This seal allows the passenger to travel to Bangladesh on multiple occasions without restrictions on durations within the validity of the visa. The No Visa Required facility is valid till the validity of the passport and can be transferred to the new passport of the same person as required.
- "Department of Immigrations and Passport". Retrieved 15 July 2011.
- "Visa information". Timatic. IATA. Retrieved 23 July 2014.
- VISA ON ARRIVAL
- "Visa Information". Embassy of Bangladesh, Washington, DC. Retrieved 15 July 2011.
- "No Visa". Consulate General of Bangladesh, New York. Retrieved 15 July 2011.
- "Guideline for No Visa Required (NVR) Seal". High Commission for Bangladesh, Canada. Retrieved 15 July 2011.