Visa policy of Myanmar
Visa policy map
Nationals of the following 6 countries and jurisdictions do not require a visa to enter Myanmar for visits up to 14 days:
Myanmar launched an eVisa system on 1 September 2014. Visas issued online are currently available to select nationalities, for tourism only. They are issued for a fee within 5 working days and their validity period is three months from the date of issuance. eVisas allow a single entry of up to 28 days and arrival must be via Yangon International Airport. Myanmar intends to gradually expand the eVisa system for more nationalities, and other types of visas and entry points as the process improves. In the future the service will be expanded to include the Nay Pyi Taw and Mandalay airports.
Currently, as of October 2014, eligible nationalities are:
1 – Including all classes of British nationality.
2 – Normally visa exempt up to 14 days.
Visa on arrival
Nationals of the following countries and jurisdictions may obtain a tourist visa on arrival valid for 28 days provided they are arriving at Yangon International Airport on Myanmar Airways International from Siem Reap, Guangzhou or Phnom Penh:
Visa on arrival will be allowed until March 2015.
- Myanmar and Brunei Bring in Mutual Visa Exemption
- Myanmar, Cambodia agree on mutual visa exemption for ordinary passport holders
- Visa-free entry to Myanmar for Filipinos to be effective in January
- Myanmar commits to visa-free ASEAN
- Burma to Launch Online Visa System for Tourists
- Myanmar targets 5 million tourists with e-visa
- Ministry to expand e-visa to more nations, airports
- More countries may be added to 43 allowed to get E-visas
- Myanmar eVisa, Ministry of Immigration and Population