Visa policy of Mauritius
- a citizen of one of the countries not requiring a visa for visits up to 90 days,
- a citizen of one of the countries eligible to obtain a visa on arrival valid for up to 60 days,
- a citizen of one of the countries eligible to obtain a visa on arrival valid for up to 14 days.
Other exemptions include holders of diplomatic passports (other than those issued by the Government of Afghanistan, Iran, Iraq, Libya, Somalia, South Sudan, Sudan, and Yemen), children and spouse of a citizen of Mauritius, crew of a vessel travelling on duty, holders of laissez-passer issued by internationally recognized organizations and persons who intend to remain in Mauritius only during the stay of a vessel by which they arrive and depart.
All visitors are required to hold proof of sufficient funds to cover their stay (minimum of USD 100 per day), confirmed hotel reservation and documents required for their next destination. Business visits may not exceed 120 days within one calendar year and a maximum stay of 180 days in total (tourism and business) is granted within one calendar year.
Citizens of the most countries do not require a visa to visit Mauritius or can obtain a visa on arrival, however holders of the following passports must obtain a visa prior to travel:
Visa policy map
Citizens of the following countries may stay without a visa for 90 days:
- Holders of diplomatic passports, issued to nationals of any country, except for Afghanistan, Iran, Iraq, Libya, Somalia, South Sudan, Sudan and Yemen.
- Holders of a Laissez-Passer issued by the United Nations or any other internationally recognized organisation.
- Holders of an Interpol passport, traveling on duty.
- Spouses and children under 14, of nationals and residents of Mauritius.
Visa on arrival
Citizens of the following 61 countries may obtain a visa on arrival valid for 60 days:
Citizens of the following 5 countries may obtain a visa on arrival valid for 14 days:
Transit without a visa
Holders of confirmed onward tickets may transit through Mauritius without a visa for a maximum time of 24 hours. This is not applicable to nationals of Afghanistan, Iran, Iraq, Libya, Somalia, South Sudan, Sudan and Yemen.