Visa policy of Mexico
A foreign national wishing to enter Mexico must obtain a visa unless he or she is a citizen of one of the 65 eligible visa exempt countries or one of the 3 Electronic Authorization System eligible countries.
Visa policy map
Nationals of the following 65 countries and jurisdictions do not require a visa to enter Mexico as tourists, visitors in transit or business visitors. Tourists and business visitors can stay in Mexico for up to 180 days. Visitors in transit can stay for up to 30 days. However, foreigners that do require a visa for Mexico may visit Mexico if they hold a valid United States visas or are permanent residents of the United States, Canada, Japan, the United Kingdom and countries that comprise the Schengen area.
1 – including citizens of British Overseas Territories, French overseas departments and territories, Danish territories and Dutch Caribbean territories.
2 – including citizens of Australian territories and New Zealand territories.
3 – including citizens/nationals of U.S territories
Electronic Authorization System
The Electronic Authorization System (SAE) is an online system, which allows citizens of the following countries travelling by air to obtain an electronic authorization to travel to Mexico for transit, tourism or business purposes without a consular visa. It is valid for 30 days and a single entry and upon arrival visitors are authorized to stay in Mexico as tourists for up to 180 days.
Transit without a visa
Passengers requiring a visa who are transiting in Mexico City can do so without a visa if their connection time does not exceed 24 hours and if their flight is nonstop, without intermediate stops within Mexican territory. They are escorted to the transit hall of the Mexico City International Airport in the custody of an agent of the National Immigration Service who holds passports and/or travel documents until the passenger boards the connecting flight.
- "Visa Information". Timatic. IATA. Retrieved 17 December 2013.
- "Mexico Country Specific Information - Entry/Exit Requirements for U.S. Citizens". Bureau of Consular Affairs, U.S. Department of State. Retrieved 18 November 2013.
- Manual of Tourist Entry
- "Foreigners with current U.S visas do not require visa to enter Mexico".
- Autorizacion Electronica
- Traveling Through Mexico Without a Visa
- Countries and territories that do not require a visa for Mexico
- Electronic Visa Authorization for Russian and Ukrainian citizens to visit Mexico
- List of countries that require a visa for Mexico