Visakhapatnam (rural) mandal
విశాఖపట్నం (గ్రామీణ) మండలం
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
Visakhapatnam (rural) is a one of the 43 mandals in Visakhapatnam district of Andhra Pradesh in India. Its headquarters are located at Visakhapatnam. The mandal lies on the coast of Bay of Bengal and is bounded by Bheemunipatnam, Anandapuram, Pendurthi, Gajuwaka and Pedagantyada mandals.
As of 2011[update] census, the mandal had a population of 260,192. The total population constitute, 131,477 males and 128,715 females —a sex ratio of 979 females per 1000 males. 26,608 children are in the age group of 0–6 years, of which 13,486 are boys and 13,122 are girls —a ratio of 973 per 1000. The average literacy rate stands at 79.07% with 184,699 literates. Gopalapatnam (rural) is the most populated village and Bakkannapalem is the least populated village in the mandal.
Visakhapatnam (rural) mandal consists of only 4 villages. The following are the list of villages in the mandal:
- Gopalapatnam (rural)
- Census India 2011 (sub districts)
- Revenue Department of AP
- "Census 2011". The Registrar General & Census Commissioner, India. Retrieved 13 September 2014.
- "Mandals in Visakhapatnam district". aponline.gov.in. Retrieved 13 September 2014.
- "Sub-District Details of Visakhapatnam District". The Registrar General & Census Commissioner, India. Retrieved 13 September 2014.
- "Visakhapatnam (rural) mandal villages". apland.ap.nic.in. Retrieved 13 September 2014.