||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2013)|
|Genres||Indian film music|
Vishal–Shekhar are a music directing duo of Vishal Dadlani and Shekhar Ravjiani who have worked in Hindi, Telugu, Tamil and Marathi films. Their works include Jhankaar Beats, Dus, Bluffmaster, Om Shanti Om, Bachna Ae Haseeno, Dostana, Chintakayala Ravi, Anjaana Anjaani, Ra.One, Student of the Year, Chennai Express , Bang Bang! and Happy New Year.
The duo rose to prominence when they composed the score for the film Jhankaar Beats which included the song "Tu Aashiqui Hai". They won the Filmfare RD Burman Award for New Music Talent for Jhankaar Beats. The music for the film Musafir combined techno music with Indian sounds. The score included "Saaki" and "Door Se Paas". In 2005 they composed the scores for three films: Salaam Namaste, Dus and Bluffmaster.
Shekhar Ravjiani is a trained classical singer (under Ustad Niaz Ahmed Khan). He learned to play the accordion from his father, a music enthusiast, Hasmukh Ravjiani. Shekhar was a participant of Zee TV singing contest Sa Re Ga Ma Pa in 1997. He composed and sung Marathi songs "Saazni" in 2012 and "Saavli" (with Sunidhi Chauhan) in 2013.
They have been judges on the popular star hunt show Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Challenge 2007 and the musical talent show Jo Jeeta Wohi Super Star with director and choreographer Farah Khan. They are the judges on Amul Star Voice of India Mummy Ki Superstars. They were mentors and judges in the Zee TV reality show Sa Re Ga Ma Pa with Sajid-Wajid. They have composed title track for Star Plus' upcoming daily Navya and Piya Re Bhavri.
Vishal and Shekhar will be the World's first ever musicians to perform for a live audio concert which will be accessible on mobile phones and the internet. They are excited to be the pioneer in the show which may put them in the Guinness Book of World Records.
On 10 November 2013, Vishal and Shekhar with Priyanka Chopra performed live at Birla Institute of Technology and Science, Pilani – Goa Campus, Goa.
Vishal Dadlani also appeared in Om Shanti Om as a cameo role.
On 16 June 2014, duo Vishal–Shekhar performed for a big music-loving Bangalore crowd, despite not being paid their dues. Vishal–Shekhar didn't want their fans to suffer because of organisers’ misdemeanour. As per Vishal, organiser named Claret Sun Events & promoters PhaniShri & Sunil Kashyap kept delaying payment till the time of performance. The Duo plan to sue the organisers
On 29 December 2014, Vishal and Shekhar performed live at Mood Indigo 14 at IIT, Bombay.
Playback singer (Vishal Dadlani)
Playback singer (Shekhar Ravjiani)
- Bang Bang! (2014)
- Hasee Toh Phasee (2014)
- Butterfly Telugu single with Chinmayi Sripada(2013)
- Balak Palak Marathi Film (2013)
- "Saavli" (Marathi Single) with Sunidhi Chauhan(2013)
- Delhi Safari (2012)
- Student of the Year (2012)
- Shanghai (2012)
- Saazni Marathi Single (2012)
- Ek Main Aur Ekk Tu (2012)
- Ra.One (2011)
- Bbuddah... Hoga Terra Baap (2011)
- Tees Maar Khan (2010)
- Walkaway (2010)
- Break Ke Baad (2010)
- IANS, 6 February 2011, 11.26am IST (6 February 2011). "Vishal–Shekhar to perform live for mobiles – The Times of India". Timesofindia.indiatimes.com. Retrieved 3 March 2011.
- "'We should plug this leak once and for all'". Rediff.com. 31 December 2004. Retrieved 3 March 2011.
- Eastern Fare (27 January 2012). "Spring Fest 2012, a Review ~ EF News International". Efi-news.com. Retrieved 11 August 2012.
- 27 February 2012 at 1946 hrs IST (27 February 2012). "XLRI to host International Workshop on Inclusive Financial Innovation". Financialexpress.com. Retrieved 11 August 2012.
- "SRCC CROSSROADS 2012". Srcc-crossroads.com. Retrieved 11 August 2012.
- "Vishal Shekhar Live Performance". Allevents.in. 25 March 2012. Retrieved 11 August 2012.
- "When Vishal and Shekhar were cheated in Bangalore". Times of India. Retrieved 7 July 2014.
- "Vishal-Shekhar to take legal action". Mid Day. Retrieved 7 July 2014.