Vishal Gondal at Ra.One Press Conference in October 2011
14 July 1976
|Other names||Vishy, VG|
|Alma mater||Mumbai University|
|Occupation||Entrepreneur/ Venture Capitalist|
|Title||CEO GOQii, Ex CEO Indiagames|
Vishal Gondal (Marathi: बिशाल गोडांल) (born 14 July 1976) is an Indian entrepreneur and angel investor. He is the founder and CEO of GOQii (pronounced Go-Key), and previously founded the game development and publishing company Indiagames, which he sold to DisneyUTV Digital, The Walt Disney Company India Pvt. Ltd. in 2011 for $100 million.
In 1999, Gondal founded Indiagames, a video game development and publishing company. By 2009 the company had approximately 300 employees and offices in Mumbai, Beijing, London and Los Angeles. Gondal sold a majority of stakeholds (adding up to 76.29% of the company) to TOM online Games, a subsidiary of TOM Online Inc, in 2009 and retained his position as CEO. In 2011, Indiagames was acquired by Disney for around $100m. At the time of acquisition, Indiagames was making an approximate profit of $400,000 on revenues of $11 million.
Gondal has presented at the INK Conferences in Mumbai.
- In 2005 Mobile Entertainment magazine listed Gondal as listed as one of the top 50 executives in the mobile content space.
- In 2005 Indiagames was listed by Red Herring among Asia's Top 100 companies.
- In 2012 techcircle.in included Gondal in a list of the top 25 powerful people in Indian digital business.
- Fitness as a service, or Faas, is what Vishal Gondal banks on in his new venture, GOQii. Is he ahead of his time?, businesstoday, retrieved February 10, 2015
- Vishal Gondal: The Ideas Man is Onto a New Trend, Forbes India, retrieved February 10, 2015
- Walt Disney Company to restructure digital assets
- Meet Vishal Gondal, India's king of gaming
- Pix Special Fitness Band from Vishal Gondal to Take on Gyms, Rediff, retrieved February 12, 2015
- I Love Chaos and It Is Where I Thrive says Vishal Gondal, LiveMint, retrieved February 12, 2015
- India Entrepreneurship Ecosystem Challenge Mindrush, Business Today, retrieved February 12, 2015
- Vishal Gondal on GOQii New Venture Fitness As Service, Business Today, retrieved February 12, 2015
- Disney Set to Acquire Top Indian Game Developer Indiagames, AllThingsD, retrieved February 20, 2015
- Why did Tom Online's (TOMO) Indiagames welcome new partners? Seeking Alpha
- Vishal Gondal Turns Startup Saviour; Forms Investment Group
- Vishal Gondal Turns Startup Saviour; Forms Investment Group, GigaOM, retrieved February 20, 2015
- Sweat And Blood Venture Group
- The Walt Disney Company (India) Pvt. Ltd.
- Fifth INK Talks to begin October 28; to focus on innovation, The Economic Times India, retrieved February 23, 2015
- Vishal Gondal in top 50 mobile executives list
- Red Herring Puts Indiagames In Top Asia 100 List, GigaOM, retrieved February 20, 2015
- Top 25 powerful people in Indian digital business
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Vishal Gondal.|