||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2012)|
Vishnu Narayanan Namboodiri (born June 2, 1939) is a poet and figure in Malayalam literature.
Vishnunarayanan was born in Seeravally Illam in Thiruvalla. He acquired a Master's degree in English. He was an English teacher at colleges in Kozhikode, Kollam, Pattambi, Ernakulam, Tripunithura, Chittur and Thiruvananthapuram and also worked in the State Institute of Languages.
Vishnu Naryanan Namboodiri, one of the most famous poets of contemporary Malayalam literature, celebrated his 70th birthday (Sapthathi) on June 2, 2009.
“ Poetry is something that should create tranquillity in human mind and thereby lead one to ‘Karma’. Anything that evokes mental tumult and agony is not poetry,” says Vishnu Narayanan Namboodiri.
- Swaathanthryathe-Kurichu Oru Geetham
- India Enna Vikaram
- Ujjayiniyile Raappakalukal
- Athirthiyilekkoru Yaathra
- Ente Kavitha
- Kavithayude DNA
- Alakadalum Neyyampalulkalum
- Rithu Samhaaram
- Kuttikalude Shakespeare
- Vayalar Award - 2010 
- Vallathol Award - 2010 
- Sahitya Akademi Award, 1994 for Ujjayiniyile Rappakalukal
- Kerala Sahitya Akademi Award, 1979 for Bhumigeethangal
- Odakkuzhal Award
- Changampuzha Award
- Ulloor Prize, *Pandalam Keralavarma Poetry Award
- Aasan Prize
- C. V. Kunhiraman Literary Prize
- Padma Shri, the fourth highest civilian award in India, in 2014
- "Vayalar Award for poet Vishnunarayanan Namboothiri". The Hindu. Retrieved 2010-10-09.
- "Vishnunarayanan Namboodiri gets Vallathol award". IBNLive.com. Retrieved ഒക്ടോബർ 7, 2010. Check date values in:
- "Padma Awards Announced". Press Information Bureau, Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India. 25 January 2014. Archived from the original on 2014-02-08. Retrieved 2014-01-26.
- "List of Padma awardees". The Hindu. 25 January 2014. Retrieved 25 January 2014.