Vision Capital is an international private equity firm and a leading specialist in direct secondary transactions. Unlike most other equity firms, the company often acquires entire portfolios of assets instead of single assets, typically acquiring controlling interests in portfolios of mid-market companies with transaction sizes ranging from €50 million to €1 billion. It currently has an AUM of €1.8 billion.
Vision Capital has invested in ten portfolios with an underlying enterprise value of €2.5 billion and has acquired over 40 companies active in a variety of sectors. The firm was founded in 1997 by Julian Mash and has over 20 investment professionals.
Its portfolio includes a range of companies acquired from banks corporates and private equity firms. The firm has invested in a wide range of sectors including financials and real estate, industrials and manufacturing, and health and wellness.
- Mash, Julian. "Making sense of secondaries in a rapidly-evolving industry", Private Equity News: Guest Comment, London, 27 February 2012.
- Arnold, Martin. "Vision raises €680m to buy assets", Financial Times, New York, 1 February 2009.
- Craig, Catherine. "Vision kick-starts wave of secondaries fundraising", Financial News, London, 4 February 2008.
- Hodkinson, Paul. "Secondaries head wants rethink of 'secondaries' term", Financial News, New York, 27 February 2011.
- Sirletti, Sonia. "Popolare Sells Assets to Vision Capital for About EU250 Million", Bloomberg News, New York, 20 May 2011.
- BBC News. "Northern sheds cakes and pastry", BBC News, London, 22 November 2006.
- Private Equity Wire. "Palamon Capital Partners sells Nordax to Vision Capital" Private Equity Wire, 26 April 2010.
- "Vision refinances BrightHouse", Real Deals/Mid Market, London, 14 November 2011.
- "Vision buys United Initiators", Real Deals, London, 29 September 2011.
- AltAssets. "Vision Capital wraps up purchase of plastic film and packaging company Vitopel", AltAssets, London, 13 April 2012.
- PR Newswire: New Evolution Ventures. "New Evolution Ventures and Kirk & John Galiani Partner to Build US Fitness Platform", The Wall Street Journal: MarketWatch, New York, 7 February 2012.