Visual User Environment
Motif Window Manager VUE on HP-UX
|Operating system||Unix & Domain/OS|
|Website||Introducing HP VUE|
In computing, Visual User Environment (VUE or HP-VUE) was Hewlett-Packard's Desktop environment for the X Window System. It was a rival and precursor to the Open Group's CDE. Work began on VUE in 1988 at Apollo Computer for use with Domain/OS, as an alternative to Apollo's standard DM and wmgr. Shortly later, HP acquired Apollo, where they released the first version of VUE for Domain/OS, and then went on to modify VUE for use with HP-UX.
- VUE 1.0 - Released with Domain/OS SR10.4
- VUE 1.1
- VUE 2.0 - Released for HP-UX
- VUE 2.0.1
- VUE 3.0 - Released with HP-UX 9.0 in 1992
- Introduction to HP VUE
- HP Vue and CDE: Differences Between the Interfaces (Purdue University)
- Charles V. Fernandez (April 1994). "A Graphical User Interface for a Multimedia Environment" (PDF). Hewlett Packard Journal. Archived from the original on 2007-02-21. Retrieved 2007-07-31.
- Mark A. Champine (February 1991). "A visual user interface for the HP-UX and Domain operating systems". Hewlett-Packard Journal. Retrieved 2008-10-08.
|This article related to a desktop environment is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|