|This article does not cite any references or sources. (July 2012)|
|Nickname(s): City of Gold|
|• Body||Vita Municipal Corporation|
|• Mayor||Mrs.Manisha Patil|
|Elevation||560 m (1,840 ft)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Sangli|
|Vidhan Sabha constituency||Khanapur-Atpadi|
|Civic agency||Vita Municipal Corporation|
Vita is a town in Maharashtra in Sangli District.
There are 4 major businesses in Vita
- Poultry Farming
- Jewellery and allied businesses : Most residents of the Vita taluk are involved in these businesses all over India, rather than in Vita.
- Agriculture : Grapes, Sugarcane and pomegranates are mainly grown throughout the taluka. Agriculture has suffered from the scanty rainfall that is experienced year after year. The region will benefit from the Tembhu irrigation project when and if it is completed.
Many festivals are celebrated in Vita.The biggest are Ganesh Chhaturti,Diwali and Navratra. Many competitions such as Fort building competition is held on occasion of Diwali.
Hinduism is the main religion. There are also majority of people from other religions like Buddist, Muslims stay here.
All colleges in Vita are affiliated to the Shivaji University, Kolhapur. Following is a list of colleges in Vita
- Balwant college, Vita (offering BSc, BCS, BBA, BA, BCom, MA, M.Sc etc.)
- Mahatma Gandhi Vidyamandir, Vita
- Modern Education Society
- Jeevanprabodhini Educational Institute, Vita
- Vita Highschool Vita & Sanjay Bhagwanrao Pawar Jr. College Vita is the best for education till 10+2 in all the streams for Marathi medium.
- Bharati Vidyapeeth Primary school and High school, Vita is the best for education till 10 for English medium.
- Adarsh Institute of Technology college Vita.
- Adarsh CBSE School.
- Loknete Hanmantrao Patil Arts & Commerce College, Vita
- Krantisinh Nana Patil High School, Vita
Communication and media
Marathi is the main language spoken. Hindi, Kannada and English are the other languages spoken besides certain community-specific languages.
- Galai Bandhav gets published from Vita every week. This is the main source of information for people spread all over India for refinery business.
- The Transportation of people depends on government buses and no train route. So buses are available to big cities like Mumbai, Pune, Bangalore, Belgaum and Hyderbad frequently. There are many private buses which provide regular services to Banglore,Manglore,Udipi,Mumbai,Ahmedabad,Nashik,Pune.
- Near by Railway Station is Karad (40KM away), Kirloskarwadi(35KM away), Takari (26KM away) and Miraj Jn (50KM away).
- Type of buses:-*Yeshvanti=Renavi,Mayani etc.
*Parivartan=Sangli,Karad,Pune,Mumbai etc. *Ashiyad=Pune,Aurangabd.
- A town where 2 state highways cross each other in 90 deegree from the centre of town near bus stand.Its circle is known as Shivaji circle.It has a statue of Shivaji Maharaj on one side, Statue of Babasaheb Ambedkar,Local shops on other side and Madhyavarti Prashskiya building on other side.
- Most developed road is Karad road.
- Major roads are great but roads inside the town are in very bad condition.
Places of tourist interest in and around Vita
- Lord Revansiddha Temple, 8 km from Vita, Bijapur Road.
- Sagreshwar Sanctuary 30 km
- Mayani Migratory Bird Sanctuary 20 km North of Vita
- ISKON Temple (International Society for Krishna Consciousness)34 km South Near Tasgaon.
- Mahankaleshwar Temple, 9 km from vita, Pare Road.
- Panchmukhi Ganpati Temple in Shivaji Chowk.
- Akara Mukhi Maruti Mandir in Alsand
- Shukacharya mandir Palashi.
- Lord Siddhanath temple,kharsundi.
- Davlmalik baba dargah,Bhikawadi(bk).
- Kalandar Baba (Pir), Lengare.
- Panchlingeshwar Mahadev mandir At Panchlingnagar.
- Hanuman temple,Karad road
- Revansiddha Temple, Renavi
- Pare[disambiguation needed]
- Bhikawadi(bk):-Bhikawdi is famous for wrestling.
- Kamalapur (15 km south west from Vita town.)
- Bhalawani :-15 km, south west from Vita town.