|Moldovan Minister of Defense|
25 september 2009 – 27 february 2014
|President||Marian Lupu (Acting)|
|Prime Minister||Vlad Filat
|Preceded by||Vitalie Vrabie|
16 June 1970 |
Holercani village, Dubăsari, Moldovan SSR
|Political party||Liberal Party (Moldova)|
|Alma mater||University of Political and Economic European studies Chisinau, Moldova|
- Bachelor of Science in International Relations, University of Political and Economic European studies Chisinau, Republic of Moldova (2007);
- Master of Arts in Security Studies (civil-military relations), US Naval Postgraduate School Monterey, California, USA (2004);
- Diploma of Airborne officer and military interpreter (French), Airborne military academy Riazani, Russian Federation (1992).
- Defense against suicide terrorism course, NATO Center of Excellence, Ankara, Turkey (2005);
- Defense restructuring course, Center for Civil-Military Relations, Monterey, California, USA (2004);
- Command and Staff officers course, US Army Command and General Staff College, Ft. Leavenworth, Kansas, USA (2000).
LLC “MARI GRUP”, Republic of Moldova, 2007 – present.
Chief International Organizations and Euro-Atlantic Integration Section, Ministry of Defense, Moldova, Aug 2006 - Jul 2007 Planned and organized activities for International cooperation of the MOD with UN, NATO, OSCE, ODED-GUAM, CIS, RACVIAC, NAMSA and other international organizations and initiatives (Administration, budget planning, translation and interpretation, maintaining and updating the databases; Developing appropriate policies, programs, concepts, strategies, planning - activities, projects and controlling their implementation). Organized international trips/visits for National Army officials and guests. Participated and represented Moldova on many International and regional conferences on security issues in the country and abroad.
Strategy & policy planner, United States CENTCOM, Tampa, Florida, Jul 2005 - Jul 2006; Maintained up-to-date database of events related to political, military and economical issues in the US CENTCOM AOR in general and in particular as they affect the Arabian Peninsula; developed long term assessments, discussion papers, information briefings and lectures.
Senior Policy Analysis and Planning Specialist, National Army General Staff, Chisinau, Moldova, July 2004 - July 2005. Participated in the development of strategies at the national and ministerial levels (including studies and research in the field of security; organization and development of national and international Seminars/Trainings, Conferences Round Tables,Workshops); monitored the events and actions that affected National Security.
Peacekeeping Battalion Commander, Ministry of Defence, Chisinau, Moldova, Oct 2000 –Dec 2002. Provided guidance and direction; delegated responsibilities to commanders and staff to execute assigned missions; built an effective chain of command and developed a positive command climate; selected and trained national contingents for participation in multinational peacekeeping FTX and CPX; led by example; directed and supervised long - range planning and accomplishment of major events and activities;
Special forces (SF) officer (platoon leader, company commander, chief of staff and deputy battalion commander), Ministry of Defense, Chisinau, Moldova, July 1992– Jan 1999. As SF officer managed staff functions to include personnel and administration, operations, logistical activities, and resource management; was responsible for training, discipline, administration and care of soldiers and for everything the platoon/company did or failed to do.
- (Romanian) The official Site of the Ministry of Defense