|Full name||Vitorino Gabriel Pacheco Antunes|
|Date of birth||1 April 1987|
|Place of birth||Freamunde, Portugal|
|Height||1.76 m (5 ft 9 in)|
|Playing position||Left back|
|2007–2008||→ Roma (loan)||5||(0)|
|2008–2009||→ Lecce (loan)||10||(0)|
|2010||→ Leixões (loan)||11||(0)|
|2011||→ Livorno (loan)||6||(0)|
|2012||→ Panionios (loan)||10||(1)|
|2013||→ Málaga (loan)||11||(1)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 6 October 2013.
† Appearances (Goals).
Early years / Paços
After a season of excellent displays, Antunes was linked with moves to Porto, S.L. Benfica, Sporting Clube de Portugal, Atlético Madrid, AJ Auxerre, Aston Villa and R.S.C. Anderlecht. On 29 August 2007, just two days before the close of the transfer window, Italian club A.S. Roma obtained the player on a loan deal, for €0.3 million, with the option to buy him permanently open until 15 April 2008. He signed a 1+3-year-contract for €0.195 million in the first season (in gross, bonus excluded), gradually increased to €0.321 million in the last year.
Antunes made his official Roma debut on 12 December 2007, during the season's UEFA Champions League game against Manchester United. He was chosen as Man of the match in a poll conducted by the club's website.
On 20 January 2008 Antunes played his first Serie A match, coming on as a substitute in a 2–0 home win over Calcio Catania. He also started against the same opponent in an Italian Cup semi-final match in April, which ended with another home success (1–0), but was, however, virtually absent in the league, barred by Italian internationals Max Tonetto and Marco Cassetti (five appearances, 64 minutes played).
On 2 April 2008 Roma exercised their right to full ownership, paying Paços de Ferreira the sum of €1.2 million, whilst the player signed a five-year contract. After signing, he was immediately loaned to newly promoted U.S. Lecce in a season-long move, for €200,000.
After appearing rarely for Lecce and not at all for Roma from August to December 2009, Antunes returned to Portugal the following month, being loaned to struggling Leixões S.C. until the end of the season, which ended in top flight relegation for the club.
On 5 February 2010, the FIFA Dispute Resolution Chamber ruled Freamunde eligible to receive €45,000 for Solidarity Contribution. On 31 January 2011, Antunes was signed by A.S. Livorno Calcio along with team-mate Marco D'Alessandro, on loan, with Roma paying the player an incentive of €270,000 in order to compensate the wage difference between the two clubs.
Paços return / Málaga
On 28 June 2012, after spending five months loaned to Panionios G.S.S. in Greece, Antunes was released by Roma and signed a three-year contract with former club Paços de Ferreira, replacing Benfica-bound Luisinho. Late into the following winter transfer window, however, he was loaned to Málaga CF as a replacement for Arsenal-bound Nacho Monreal. He made his La Liga debut on 9 February, playing the full 90 minutes in a 2–1 away win against Levante UD, and participated in 15 official games during the season, including four in the UEFA Champions League.
|Paços de Ferreira||2006–07||23||2||1||0||–||–||–||–||24||2|
|Paços de Ferreira||2012–13||14||3||2||0||1||0||–||–||17||3|
- "Decision of Dispute Resolution Chamber 210170". FIFA.com. 5 February 2010. Retrieved 18 February 2011.
- Antunes chase
- «La Roma ha riscattato Antunes» («Roma rescues Antunes»); Corriere dello Sport (Italian)[dead link]
- "Acquisizione a titolo temporaneo del diritto alle prestazioni sportive del calciatore Vitorino Gabriel Pacheco Antunes" [Temporary acquisition of sports rights of footballer Vitorino Gabriel Pacheco Antunes] (PDF) (in Italian). Roma's official website. 29 August 2007. Retrieved 11 June 2012.
- Champions League: Roma-Manchester United; Roma's official website (Italian)[dead link]
- Antunes al Lecce (Antunes to Lecce); Tutto Mercato, 18 July 2008 (Italian)
- "Regulations on the Status and Transfer of Players (2008 edition)". FIFA.com. October 2007. Retrieved 18 February 2011.
- "Galabinov, D´Alessandro e Antunes al Livorno" [Galabinov, D'Alessandro and Antunes to Livorno] (in Italian). Livorno's official website. 31 January 2011. Retrieved 7 August 2011.
- "Antunes certo por três épocas" [Antunes confirmed for three seasons] (in Portuguese). Record. 28 June 2012. Retrieved 10 July 2012.
- "El Málaga ficha a Antunes para suplir a Monreal" [Málaga signs Antunes to replace Monreal] (in Spanish). Diario Sur. 31 January 2013. Retrieved 13 June 2013.
- "Isco at the double". ESPN FC. 9 February 2013. Retrieved 13 June 2013.
- "Y Vitorino Antunes, el segundo" [And Vitorino Antunes, the second] (in Spanish). La Opinión de Málaga. 11 June 2013. Retrieved 11 June 2013.
- Vitorino Antunes – FIFA competition record
- "Vitorino Antunes – Performance data". Transfermarkt. Retrieved 16 December 2012.
- "Vitorino Gabriel Pacheco Antunes (Antunes)". World Soccer. Retrieved 13 June 2013.
- Roma official profile (Italian)
- Vitorino Antunes at footballzz.co.uk
- Stats at ForaDeJogo
- Vitorino Antunes at National-Football-Teams.com