From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up viva voce in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
It may also refer to:
- Italian for "live voice."
- Voice vote in a deliberative assembly
- An oral examination, especially in reference to a thesis defense in academia (a common requirement for dissertations and theses in graduate education)
- Spoken evidence in law
- In translation terminology it describes a method employed for the translation of Arab libraries left in Spain after the Arab occupation was ended. One translator would be orally translating a text directly while reading it, while another translator would be putting down in writing that translation. This system proved to be time saving and resulted in faster translations being produced.
- Viva Voce (band)
- "VivaLaVoce, The Station That Sings", spelled as a single word but with upper and lower case letters, is an opera based digital subchannel and internet stream from WETA (FM), Washington, D.C.
- Word of mouth
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.