|Vivek J. Tiwary|
Vivek Tiwary at Lucca Comics & Games 2013
|Born||May 15, 1973
New York, New York, USA
|Occupation||Entrepreneur, Theater Producer|
Vivek J. Tiwary (born May 15, 1973 in New York, New York, USA) is a New York Times Bestselling Author,Broadway theater producer and Chief Executive Officer and President of Tiwary Entertainment Group Ltd..
Life and career
In 2004, Tiwary was a lead producer for the Tony Award winning Broadway revival of Lorraine Hansberry's A Raisin in the Sun, which featured Sean Combs, Audra McDonald, Phylicia Rashad and Sanaa Lathan.
In 2010, Tiwary was a co-producer for both the Broadway productions of Green Day's rock opera, American Idiot and The Addams Family. In total, Tiwary’s Broadway productions have garnered a total of 25 Tony Awards stemming from 44 Tony nominations.
Tiwary is the exclusive producer for the adaptation of Jimmy Gownley’s graphic novel series Amelia Rules! for both TV and film. Announced in 2012, the project will include the involvement of musicians for both acting roles and musical composition.
The Fifth Beatle
As of 2014[update] Tiwary is attached to write and produce the film based on his graphic novel The Fifth Beatle. The dual project will focus on Brian Epstein, who discovered and managed The Beatles from 1961 to 1967. Tiwary stated that the film "will be less a music bio and more of an inspirational human-interest story about an outsider."  The graphic novel was released in November 2013 and has spent several weeks on The New York Times best-seller list and reaching #1 in its third week of release. The film version of The Fifth Beatle is currently in development and will begin shooting in 2014. Peyton Reed (Yes Man) has signed on to direct the biopic, with Academy Award-winning producer Bruce Cohen (American Beauty) co-producing along with Tiwary.
The Fifth Beatle creative team, including writer Vivek J. Tiwary, and artists Andrew C. Robinson and Kyle Baker, were selected as guests at the 14th annual Library of Congress National Book Festival on August 30, 2014 in Washington, D.C. U.S. President Barack Obama and First Lady Michelle Obama are honorary chairs for the event.
In June 2014, The Fifth Beatle was nominated for a True Believers Comics Award for "Favourite 2013 Original Graphic Novel".
The Fifth Beatle was announced as an INDIEFAB 2013 GOLD Winner for Graphic Novels & Comics.
On July 25, 2014, The Fifth Beatle received the Eisner Award for Best Reality-Based work.
Jagged Little Pill
Tiwary is currently attached to lead produce a Broadway adaptation of Alanis Morissette’s Jagged Little Pill in 2014. The production will include the participation of Alanis Morissette, as well as that of Broadway veteran Tom Kitt.
Tiwary Entertainment Group
Tiwary is the founder of Tiwary Entertainment Group Ltd. which selects art and entertainment projects to produce and finance. Tiwary currently serves as the company’s Chief Executive Officer and President.
Tiwary graduated graduated high school from Collegiate School (New York) and graduated college from the University of Pennsylvania in 1996, Magna Cum Laude, with undergraduate degrees from both the Wharton School of Business and the College of Arts and Sciences. His son also attends Collegiate.
On Thursday December 4th, 2014, Tiwary presented a speech to Collegiate School.
- Tiwary Entertainment Group Ltd.
- Internet Broadway Database
- A Raisin in the Sun - Broadway
- The Fifth Beatle – Film and Graphic Novel
- "Best Sellers: Hardcover Graphic Books". The New York Times. 29 December 2013. Retrieved 25 February 2014.
- Siegel, Tatiana (2012-10-10), "NY Comic-Con: Beatles Manager Getting Biopic From Broadway's Vivek J. Tiwary", The Hollywood Reporter
- "Amelia Rules!’ Gets Backer In Push For TV & Movie Adaptations", Deadline, 2012-11-30
- "IAR EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Producer Vivek Tiwary talks 'The Fifth Beatle'". I Am Rogue. 8 July 2011. Retrieved 22 January 2013.
Broadway theater producer Vivek Tiwary stated that his project: 'will be less a music bio and more of an inspirational human-interest story about an outsider.'
- "HARDCOVER GRAPHIC BOOKS". The New York Times. 17 December 2013. Retrieved 17 December 2013.
- "Peyton Reed to Direct THE FIFTH BEATLE, Biopic About Beatles Manager Brian Epstein". Collider. 4 December 2013. Retrieved 4 December 2013.
- "Library of Congress Book Festival". loc.gov. Retrieved 14 May 2014.
- "True Believer Awards". Retrieved 16 June 2014.
- "Indiefab Awards". Retrieved 30 June 2014.
- "2014 HARVEY AWARDS: Broadway producer’s ‘Fifth Beatle’ yields ‘humbling’ twin wins [+FULL WINNERS LIST]". Retrieved 7 September 2014.
- "USA TODAY: Morissette to bring 'Jagged Little Pill' to stage". USA Today. 8 November 2013. Retrieved 8 November 2013.
"It's not a concept album the way American Idiot was," Tiwary proposes. "But there is a woman in a relationship where the other person has more power. She ends up getting dumped, and is vilified, but comes to a place of empowerment.'