19 November 1924 |
Sonavani, Ghazipur, Uttar Pradesh, India
Viveki Rai (born November 19, 1924) is an Indian writer who has penned over fifty books. He was presented with the Mahapandit Rahul Sankrityayan Award in 2001 and the Yash Bharati Award in 2006 in recognition of his contributions to Hindi literature.
He is a famous literary figure of Hindi & Bhojpuri literature. He belongs to Sonwani village in Ghazipur. He is well known Hindi Lalit Nibandhakaar. He got many awards from U P Govt. He has written more than 50 books. Sonamati is a popular novel of Mr.Rai. He was awarded Mahapandit Rahul Sankrityayan Award in 2001 and Uttar Pradesh's prestigious Yash Bharati Samman award in 2006 for his contribution to Hindi Literature. He has been awarded the Mahatma Gandhi Samman by the Uttar Pradesh government. Sri Rai has been awarded by Jagadguru Ramanandacharya Award of Srimath Kashi on 14 January 2012 in Varanasi. He criticized Indian Emergency through his novel Katra bi Aarzoo written by Rahi Masoom Raza, which is the most direct and effective condemnation in Hindi fiction. He has also published some good essays.
List of works
- Mangal Bhavan
- Namami Gramam
- Dehri ke paar
- Gunga Jahaj
- Purush Puran
- Samar Shesh Hai
- Fir Baitalawa Dar Par
- Aam Rasta Nahin Hai
- Angan Ke Bandanvar
- Astha Aur Chintan
- Chali Fagunhat Baure Aam
- Gamvai Gandh Gulab
- Jivan Agyan Ka Ganith Hai
- Lautkar Dekhna
- Manbodh Master Ki Diary
- Mere Shuddha Shraddhey
- Meri Terah Kahaniyan
- Narendra Kohli Apratim Katha Yatri
- Sawalon Ke Samne
- Shwet Patra
- Yeh Jo Hai Gayatri
- Kalpana Aur Hindi Sahitya, Anila Prakāśana, 1999.
- MERI SHRESHTHA VYANGYA RACHNAYEN, 1984.
Essays and Poetry
- Bhojapurī nibandha nikuñja: Bhojapurī ke taintālīsa go cunala nibandha, Akhila Bhāratīya Bhojapurī Sāhitya Sammelana, 1977.
- Gaṅgā, Yamunā, Sarasvatī: Bhojapurī kahānī, nibandha, saṃsmaraṇa, Bhojapurī Saṃsthāna, 1992.
- Janatā ke pokharā: tīni go Bhojapurī kavitā, Bhojapurī Sāhitya Saṃsthāna, 1984.
- Bhojapurī Akādamī, Paṭanā, tisarakā vārshikotsava samāroha, Ravivāra, 2 Maī 1982, ke avasara para āyojita vyākhyānamālā meṃ Bhojapurī kathā sāhitya ke vikāsa vishaya para Ḍô. Vivekī Rāya ... ke vyākhyāna, Bhojapurī Akādamī, 1982.
- Amangalhari, Bhojpurī Saṃsthāna, 1998.
- Ke Kahala Chunarī Rangā la, Bhojpuri Saṃsāda, 1968.
- Guru-Grih Gayau Padhan Raghurai, 1992.
- राजीवरंजन, विवेकी राय के निबंधों में जीवन-संवेदन, नवनिकष, विवेकी राय विशेषांक, ( सम्पादन ) लक्ष्मीकांत पाण्डेय, वर्ष-२, अंक-५, नवम्बर, २००८ , पृष्ठ ३६-३९
- "Cong sees red as UP honours Abhishek". The Times of India. 2006-11-21. Retrieved 2009-01-23.
- "Namwar Singh, Ramesh Kuntal to be awarded Hindi Sansthan awards". Express India. 2006-09-13. Retrieved 2009-01-23.
- Mathur, O.P. (2004). Indira Gandhi and the emergency as viewed in the Indian novel. Sarup & Sons. ISBN 978-81-7625-461-8.
- Datta, Amaresh Datta (1988). Encyclopaedia of Indian literature vol. 2. Sahitya Akademi. p. 914. ISBN 978-81-260-1194-0.
- Amaresh Datta, Mohan Lal, Encyclopaedia of Indian Literature : Navaratri-Sarvasena, Sahitya Akademi, 1991.
|This article about an Indian writer or poet is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|