|Full name||Vladimir Baklan|
February 25, 1978 |
|FIDE rating||2632 (April 2015)
(No. 73 on the November 2009 FIDE ratings list)
|Peak rating||2655 (November 2009)|
Vladimir Baklan (Russian: Владимир Баклан; 25 February 1978, Soviet Union) is a Ukrainian chess Grandmaster. In 2000 he won with the Ukrainian team a gold medal in the 34th Chess Olympiad in Istanbul. He was a member of the gold medal-winning Ukrainian team at the 2001 World Team Chess Championship.
He won the Ukrainian Chess Championship twice, in 1997 and 1998. Among other victories, he won the Dutch Open Blitz chess Championship (2005), the Essent Open (2005) and the 7th Memorial Narciso Yepes (2006). He tied for first with Sergey Zagrebelny, Aleksander Delchev and Adam Horvath in Balaguer 2005. In 2011, he tied for 1st-6th with Ivan Sokolov, Yuriy Kuzubov, Kamil Miton, Jon Ludvig Hammer and Illya Nyzhnyk in the MP Reykjavík Open.
- Joel Benjamin vs Vladimir Baklan, FIDE WCh KO 2001, Sicilian Defense: Modern Variations (B50), 1/2-1/2
- Vladimir Baklan vs Angelos Vouldis, EuTCh 2003, Sicilian Defense: Canal Attack, Haag Gambit (B52), 1-0
- Vladimir Baklan vs Vesko Spasov, Eu Ind. Ch. 2008, Sicilian Defense: Nyezhmetdinov-Rossolimo Attack (B30), 1-0
- Bartelski, Wojciech. "34th Chess Olympiad: Istanbul 2000". OlimpBase. Retrieved 2009-06-28.
- Bartelski, Wojciech. "World Men's Team Chess Championship's Overall Statistics". OlimpBase. Retrieved 2009-05-04.
- Crowther, Mark (2005-02-21). "Dutch Open Blitzchess Championship". London Chess Center. Retrieved 2009-06-28.
- "Harikrishna wins Essent Crown Group". ChessBase. Retrieved 2009-06-28.
|last1=in Authors list (help)
- "Baklan gana el open de Lorca" (in Spanish). Ajedrez-de-Estilo.com. 2006-06-29. Retrieved 2009-06-28.
- "Tournament report October 2005: X Ciutat de Balaguer". World Chess Federation. Retrieved 24 November 2009.
- "Reykjavík Open – six players win with 7.0-9 points". ChessBase. 2011-03-17. Retrieved 17 March 2011.
|This biographical article relating to a Ukrainian chess figure is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|