In 1899, he tied for 6-7th in Moscow (1st Russian Championship, Mikhail Chigorin won). In 1900 he won the first Moscow City Championship. In 1901, he took 5th in Moscow (2nd RUS-ch, Chigorin won). In 1905, he drew a match with Savielly Tartakower (+2 –2 =0); won against Fyodor Duz-Khotimirsky (+5 –3 =1) in 1907, and won against the sixteen-year-old Alexander Alekhine (+3 –0 =0) in 1908. Nenarokov won the Moscow Championship again in 1908.
He took 3rd at the 3rd Moscow championships in 1921 (Grigoriev won); tied for 3rd-5th at Petrograd 1923 (2nd USSR Championship, Peter Romanovsky won); tied for 6-8th at Moscow 1924 (3rd USSR-ch, Efim Bogoljubov won); took 18th at Leningrad 1925 (4th USSR-ch, Bogoljubov won); took 7th at Moscow 1927 (5th USSR-ch, Fedor Bogatyrchuk and Romanovsky won); took 2nd, behind Boris Verlinsky, at the 9th Moscow championships in 1928; took 6th at Odessa 1929 (6th USSR-ch, Quartel Final); won at Tiflis (Tbilisi) 1929; took 3rd at Tiflis 1930 (Vsevolod Rauzer won), and tied for 3rd-4th at Tiflis 1930 (Goglidze won).
He is an author of many chess books, focusing on the chess opening. In addition to some good introductory books, he also wrote a more advanced book on the Ruy Lopez (Moscow–Leningrad 1932) that was later published in German.
- Gaige, Jeremy (1987), Chess Personalia, A Biobibliography, McFarland, p. 301, ISBN 0-7864-2353-6
- Hartston, William (1977), "Nenarokov, Vladimir Ivanovich", in Golombek, Harry, Golombek's Encyclopedia of Chess, Crown Publishing, p. 209, ISBN 0-517-53146-1
- Portail d'informations Ce site est en vente!
- http://www.anders.thulin.name/SUBJECTS/CHESS/CTCIndex.pdf Name Index to Jeremy Gaige's Chess Tournament Crosstables, An Electronic Edition, Anders Thulin, Malmö, 2004-09-01
- http://www.webcitation.org/query?url=http://www.geocities.com/al2055Km/index.html&date=2009-10-24+10:33:29 RUSBASE
- Litmanowicz, Władysław & Giżycki, Jerzy (1986, 1987), Szachy od A do Z, Wydawnictwo Sport i Turystyka Warszawa, ISBN 83-217-2481-7, (1. A-M). ISBN 83-217-2745-X (2. N-Z) Check date values in: