Vladimir Paar (born 1942) is a Croatian physicist and university professor.
Paar was born in Zagreb. He graduated from the Faculty of Science, University of Zagreb, where he is currently a professor. He is a full member of the Croatian Academy of Sciences and Arts since 1992.
His scientific interests include theoretical nuclear physics, chaos theory in physics and technology, computer modeling in clinical medicine, energetics, and history of physics. He extended cluster-vibration model of Alaga. From this model he derived a parabolic rule for the energies of the states in odd-odd nuclei. To the general public he is known as a popularizer of science, being the author of two books, hundreds of newspaper articles and several television series in the field of popular science.
Paar is skeptical about theory of evolution and global warming and advocate of new ice age hypothesis. He believes that the evidence against anthropogenic global warming is being deliberately suppressed.
- "Vladimir Paar, Fellow of the Croatian Academy of Sciences and Arts". info.hazu.hr. Croatian Academy of Sciences and Arts. Retrieved 2010-06-02.
- Vladimir Paar profile at the Who is Who in Croatian Science database (Croatian)
- "Paar, Vladimir". www.knjiznica.phy.hr (in Croatian). Faculty of Science, University of Zagreb. Retrieved 2012-04-19.
- Vladimir Paar sumnja u teoriju evolucije?!
- "Akademik Vladimir Paar: Ljudi se moraju spremiti za ledeno doba, to je nemoguće izbjeći!". Index.hr (in Croatian). 9 February 2010. Retrieved 2014-11-30.
|This article about a Croatian scientist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|