Vlerick Leuven Gent Management School
|Vlerick Business School|
|Type||Autonomous school of Ghent University and Katholieke Universiteit Leuven|
|Location||Leuven, Ghent and Brussels (Belgium), Saint-Petersburg (Russia)
|Affiliations||Ghent University, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven|
The Vlerick Business School ("Vlerick") is the autonomous management school of Ghent University and the Katholieke Universiteit Leuven. Vlerick was founded in 1953 by professor, politician and entrepreneur Baron André Vlerick.
Vlerick has four international campuses in Brussels, Ghent, Leuven (Belgium) and Saint Petersburg (Russia). Vlerick also has a cooperative program with BiMBA of Peking University's China Center for Economic Research in Beijing (China).
Vlerick offers MBA & Masters in Management, as well as general and specialized courses for managers, and custom-designed training for individual companies. Over 17,000 alumni in more than 100 different countries are alumni of the management schools.
In 2010 Vlerick Business School, for its excellence in co-operation projects with the corporate world in Belgium, was chosen to be a part of the BBNM Group. Today, they are represented among the BBNM Member schools.
Vlerick ranks high amongst international and European business schools:
- The Economist magazine ranked Vlerick number 47 among global full-time MBA in 2010.
- Financial Times ranked Vlerick number 10 amongst European business schools in 2009.
- The MBA program ranked number 87 out of all global MBA programs in 2010 according to the Financial Times.
- The EMBA program ranked number 61 amongst global EMBA programs in 2009 according to the Financial Times.
- The Masters in Management program ranked number 37 among global programs in 2010 according to the Financial Times.
- Paul Bulcke, CEO of Nestlé
- Jo Bury, Former-Managing Director of the Flanders Institute for Biotechnology (VIB)
- Marc Coucke, co-founder of Omega Pharma
- Philippe Delva, CEO of Global Commercial Banking Fortis
- Frank Donck
- Frank Meysman, Chairman of Thomas Cook Group plc.
- Rudy Provoost, CEO of Rexel
- "Full-time MBA Programme China". Vlerick.com. 2012-11-19. Retrieved 2012-12-02.
- "MBA in General Management - Vlerick Business School". Vlerick.com. 2012-11-19. Retrieved 2012-12-02.
- [dead link]
- "Which MBA? | 2010 Full time MBA ranking". The Economist. 2010-09-16. Retrieved 2012-12-02.
- [dead link]
- "Business school rankings from the Financial Times - Global MBA Rankings 2012". Rankings.ft.com. Retrieved 2012-12-02.
- "Business school rankings from the Financial Times - EMBA Ranking 2012". Rankings.ft.com. Retrieved 2012-12-02.
- "Business school rankings from the Financial Times - Masters in Management 2012". Rankings.ft.com. Retrieved 2012-12-02.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Vlerick Leuven Gent Management School.|
- Official website
- More information about higher education in Flanders/Belgium (in English)
- Find an officially recognized program of this institution in the Higher Education Register
- Beijing International MBA