Votran Transfer Plaza in Daytona Beach
|Slogan||We Drive a Great Bargain|
|Parent||Volusia County Government|
|Headquarters||950 Big Tree Road
South Daytona, Florida 32119-2518
|Service area||Volusia County, Florida|
|Service type||Bus, paratransit|
|Alliance||McDonald Transit Associates, Inc.|
|Hubs||DeLand, Daytona Beach|
|Fleet||55 buses, 4 trolleys, 44 paratransit vans|
|Daily ridership||9,233 (2007)|
|Operator||Volusia Transit Management, Inc.|
|General manager||Steve Sherrer|
Single rides are $1.50 per trip, or $3.50 for a one-day bus pass.
Votran is run by Volusia Transit Management, Inc, which was founded in 1975. The parent company of Volusia Transit Management is Mcdonald Transit Associates, Inc.
(as of 19 February 2015)
One way fares
$1.75 full fare ($0.85 reduced fare) for all routes.
All passes are valid for any route.
- Day pass - $3.75 full fare ($1.85 reduced fare) expires 24 hours after purchase.
- Three-Day pass - $7.50 full fare ($3.75 reduced fare) expires 72 hours after purchase.
- Seven-Day pass - $13.00 full fare ($6.50 reduced fare) expires 7 days after purchase.
- Monthly passes - $46 full fare ($23 reduced fare) expires 31 days after purchase.
- Available for children between 6 and 17 (Must show valid Volusia County school student I.D. card). Children under 6 ride for free with an adult (limit 3).
- Senior citizens or persons with disabilities must show Government issued I.D. card showing valid proof of age.
Votran has three main stations:
- Transfer Plaza, corner of N. Palmetto Avenue and M M Bethune Blvd., Daytona Beach. Buses meet and depart every half-hour; M-Sa, 7a-7p.
- Intermodal Transfer Facility (ITF), 301 Earl Street and North Atlantic Ave. (FL Highway A1A), Daytona Beach. Buses meet and depart on every hour for evening and Sunday service; M-Sa, 7p-11p; Su 7a-6p.
- Intermodal Transfer Facility (ITF), South Woodland Blvd (US 17/92) and Euclid Ave., DeLand. Routes 20, 31 depart from here. Route 20 departs Northbound for DeLand every hour on the hour between 7am and 7pm; departs Southbound for Orange City at :53 between 6am and 7pm; Saturday hourly service between 8am and 6pm Northbound, and Southbound Saturday Hourly service between 8am to 6pm. Route 31 serves North DeLand and the DeBary SunRail Station every half hour between 4:34am and 8:36am; and 3:34pm and 8:36pm. No weekend service for Route 31
Other transfer locations are available at most shopping centers and where multiple buses cross paths.
The Volusia County Government governs the county as three regions, and Votran does the same with its service. Bus routes are grouped into three regions:
- East (two hubs in Daytona Beach). The East side routes generally service the Daytona Beach, Port Orange, and Ormond Beach areas, With a connector (Route 60) to the DeLand area to connect with Routes 20 and 24 on the Westside.
- Southeast (hub in New Smyrna Beach). There are Two Southeast Routes and Flex Service routes serving the New Smyrna Beachside and Mainland areas. Route 40 goes northbound to Port Orange via US1 and Nova Road to connect with the Eastside Routes near Dunlawton Square. Route 41 travels southbound serving Edgewater and Oak Hill.
- West (hub in Orange City). These routes include the 20, 21, 22, 23, and 24, and service the DeBary, Deltona, DeLand and Orange City areas, with three out of the five routes focused mainly on Deltona, though two of the three routes (route 21 & route 22) follow similar paths for most of their assigned trips (e.g. the 21 will stop at certain bus stops, with the 22 stopping at the same bus stop the following hour in the opposite direction). Route 24 connects DeLand to Pierson and Seville in northwestern Volusia County. Routes 31-33 were added for service to the DeBary SunRail Station starting May 1, 2014. Route 31 serves North DeLand to the DeBary SunRail Station (half hourly, stops at all stops along the way), Route 32 starts in Deltona to the DeBary SunRail Station via Orange City (hourly, stops at all stops along the way), Route 33 is a Limited Stop, or Express bus from Deltona to the DeBary SunRail station via Orange City (hourly, limited stops).
For the 20-series routes, service hours on the West Side are from roughly 5:30 a.m. - 6:30 p.m. Service runs hourly on the 20 & 23, bihourly on the 21/22, and three times a day on the 24. The 30-series routes run during rush hour only, but start earlier and end later, because they are oriented towards people taking SunRail to work in Orlando.
The East Side division is the only one that provides Sunday and night service for its routes.
Full Route List
- 1 A1A North
- 3 North Ridgewood
- 4 South Ridgewood
- 5 Center Street
- 6 North Nova
- 7 South Nova
- 8 Halifax
- 10 Medical Center
- 11 Mason Avenue
- 12 Clyde Morris
- 15 Orange Avenue
- 17A South Atlantic
- 17B Dunlawton
- 18/19 International Speedway/Granada
- 20 DeLand
- 21/22 Deltona
- 23 Orange City
- 24 Pierson-Seville
- 31 Northgate Plaza/DeBary SunRail Station
- 32 Deltona Plaza/DeBary SunRail Station
- 33 Dupont Lakes/DeBary SunRail Station Limited Stop
- 40 Port Orange
- 41 Edgewater
- 42 NSB Beachside Flex Service
- 43 NSB Mainland Flex Service
- 60 East-West Connector
Votran recently developed an app that allow customers to track the buses to see if they're delayed.
- 1201-1216 2000 Gillig 35-foot Phantom C20B102N4
- 705-708 2001 Replica Trolley
- 1301-1303 2003 Gillig 35-foot Phantom C20B102N4
- 1401-1408 2003 Gillig 29-foot Low-floor G18E102R2
- 1501-1503 2005 Blue Bird A3RE78005 Transit
- 1601-1606 2006 Gillig 35-foot Low-floor G21B102N4
- 1701-1709 2008 Gillig 35-foot Low-floor G21B102N4
- 1801-1802 2008 Gillig 29-foot Low-floor G27E102R2
- 1901-1909 2010 Gillig 35-foot Low-floor Hybrid G30B102N4
- 101-128 1975 Highway Products 31-foot Twin Coach TC-31
- 201-204 1981 Transportation Vehicles Inc Replica Trolley
- 301-305 1981 Flyer Industries 40-foot D901A-10240
- 401-425 1983 Flxible Metro 35-foot 35096-6T
- 601-603 1990 Flxible Metro 35-foot 35096-6T
- 701-704 1990 Ward Industries Replica Trolley
- 901-906 1994 Flxible Metro 35-foot 35096-4D
- 1001-1008 1995 ElDorado National 30-foot Transmark RE
- 1101-1114 1997 NovaBus RTS 35-foot RTWFD72
- "2007 National Transit Database" (PDF). Federal Transit Administration. 2008-08-25. Retrieved 2009-04-08.
- Volusia Transit Management, Inc. (Votran) listing on MANTA
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to VOTRAN.|