Vodafone Global Enterprise
(Private limited company)
|Industry||Information and communication technology|
|Headquarters||London, United Kingdom|
|Jan Geldmacher (CEO)|
|Services||IT services, IT consulting, Telecommunications services|
|Revenue||£1.3 billion (2011)|
|Parent||Vodafone Group Plc|
|Subsidiaries||Bluefish Communications Ltd, Cobra Automotive Technologies|
Vodafone Global Enterprise Limited is a multinational company which provides telecommunications and information technology services to large corporations, and a wholly owned subsidiary of Vodafone Group Plc. It is headquartered in London, United Kingdom and was established in April 2007.
Vodafone Global Enterprise was established in April 2007 by Vodafone, to serve as a provider of IT and telecoms services to large corporate customers.
In October 2010 Vodafone Global Enterprise acquired two telecom expense management companies, paying US$6.9 million for Australia-based Quickcomm and US$2.8 million for United States-based TnT Expense Management.
On 1 December 2011, Vodafone Global Enterprise acquired the Reading-based ICT consultancy company Bluefish Communications Ltd. The acquired operations will form the nucleus of a new Unified Communications and Collaboration practice within VGE, which will focus on implementing strategies and solutions in cloud computing, and strengthen its professional services offering.
On 23 April 2012, Vodafone announced an agreement to acquire Cable & Wireless Worldwide for £1.04 billion. The deal was completed on 30 July 2012. The acquisition will give Vodafone Global Enterprise access to CWW's fibre network for businesses, enabling it to take unified communications solutions to large enterprises in UK and globally; and expand its enterprise integration service offerings in emerging markets.
In June 2012 Vodafone Global Enterprise was granted supplier status to the US Federal Government under GSA Schedule 70, becoming the first non-US mobile provider to achieve such status. As part of the award Vodafone Global Enterprise will be listed as an approved supplier to provide mobile voice, data and M2M services to the US Government in eight European countries including the United Kingdom, Germany and Italy.
In July 2012 Vodafone Global Enterprise announced that it was conducting trials of dual persona mobile client, an emerging technology capable of enabling business customers to wholly compartmentalise their personal and business applications on a single device, and had plans to launch the service later in 2012.
Vodafone Global Enterprise is organised into the following geographical divisions:
- Northern Europe (headquartered in London, United Kingdom)
- Central Europe
- Southern Europe and Africa
- Asia Pacific & Sub-Saharan Africa (headquartered in Singapore)
Vodafone Global Enterprise's services include domestic and international voice and data, Machine to Machine services, mobile email, mobile broadband, managed services, mobile payment and mobile recording. It offers integrated communication strategies and solutions in cloud computing, unified communications and collaboration.
Vodafone Global Enterprise's major customers include:
- Deutsche Post - Vodafone Global Enterprise provides a fully managed Multiprotocol Label Switching network for Deutsche Post which connects around 400 sites across 67 countries, as part of a contract signed in March 2010.
- The Linde Group - Vodafone Global Enterprise provides mobile voice and data services to The Linde Group in 27 countries, as part of a four-year contract which was signed in October 2011.
- Unilever - Vodafone Global Enterprise manages devices, connectivity and managed mobile services for Unilever in 63 countries, and advises Unilever on the management of consumer devices and applications, as part of a three-year contract which was signed in December 2010.
- Volkswagen Group - Vodafone Global Enterprise provides mobile communications services for around 90,000 Volkswagen Group employees, as part of an exclusive four-year contract which was signed in July 2012.
- "Cable & Wireless Worldwide Appointments". Vodafone. 30 July 2012. Retrieved 30 July 2012.
- "Vodafone Group Plc Annual Report for the year ended 31 March 2012". Vodafone Group Plc. Retrieved 29 July 2012.
- "Vodafone Global Enterprise profile - LinkedIn". LinkedIn. Retrieved 9 June 2012.
- "Vodafone Group Plc VOD Launch of Standard Global Ser". Bloomberg. 18 March 2009. Retrieved 9 June 2012.
- "Bloomberg Business week - Company Overview of Vodafone Global Enterprise". Retrieved 9 June 2012.
- "Vodafone Buys Privately Held Quickcomm, TnT Expense Management". RTT News. 8 October 2010. Retrieved 31 July 2012.
- "VODAFONE (LSE: VOD.L - NEWS) ACQUIRES BLUEFISH COMMUNICATIONS". Yahoo. 1 December 2011. Retrieved 9 June 2012.
- "Vodafone acquires Bluefish Communications". Bloomberg. 1 December 2011. Retrieved 9 June 2012.
- "Vodafone Group's Vodafone Global Enterprise Acquires Bluefish Communications". RTT. 1 December 2011. Retrieved 9 June 2012.
- "Vodafone Buys C&W Worldwide For GBP1.04B". WSJ. 23 April 2012. Retrieved 9 June 2012.
- "Vodafone agrees to buy C&W Worldwide for $1.7 billion". Reuters. 23 April 2012. Retrieved 9 June 2012.
- "Vodafone agrees £1bn takeover of C&W Worldwide". BBC. 23 April 2012. Retrieved 9 June 2012.
- "Vodafone buys Cable & Wireless for enterprise boost". ZDNET. 23 April 2012. Retrieved 9 June 2012.
- "Vodafone Agrees to Buy Cable & Wireless for $1.7 Billion". Bloomberg. 23 April 2012. Retrieved 9 June 2012.
- "Vodafone wins mobile contract under US GSA Schedule 70". Telecom Paper. 15 June 2012. Retrieved 31 July 2012.
- "Vodafone to launch 'dual persona' mobile client". PC Advisor. 13 July 2012. Retrieved 31 July 2012.
- "Make Way for Mobile Virtualization". CIO In. 17 July 2012. Retrieved 31 July 2012.
- "Vodafone Global Enterprise - Management Team". Vodafone. Retrieved 9 June 2012.
- "Vodafone: APAC is one of fastest-growing markets". ZDNET. 23 September 2010. Retrieved 9 June 2012.
- "Products and solutions by type". Vodafone Global Enterprise. Retrieved 31 July 2012.
- "Deutsche Post DHL builds wide area network with Vodafone". Computer Weekly. 12 March 2010. Retrieved 2 August 2012.
- "The Linde Group selects Vodafone to provide global managed mobile services". Computer Weekly. 11 October 2011. Retrieved 2 August 2012.
- "Vodafone and Linde agree global deal". European Communications. 12 October 2011. Retrieved 2 August 2012.
- "Unilever chooses Vodafone for mobile management". Computer Weekly. 14 December 2010. Retrieved 2 August 2012.
- "VW chooses mobile giant". This is Staffordshire. 18 July 2012. Retrieved 2 August 2012.