Volkswagen Group Sales India
|Number of locations||2 (Aurangabad, Chakan)|
|Key people||Gerasimos Dorizas ,
President and MD
|Production output||115,237 units (2012)|
Volkswagen Group Sales India Private Limited is the wholly owned subsidiary of Volkswagen Group in India. Its operations are spearheaded by four of Group division companies:
They focus on manufacture and sales of Audi, Porsche, Volkswagen and Škoda vehicles in India. Volkswagen subsidiaries such as Bentley, Lamborghini, and Bugatti also sell their cars in India through them.
Volkswagen Group Sales India Private Limited operates a manufacturing plant at Chakan, near Pune, Maharashtra with an annual capacity of 110,000 vehicles for production of Volkswagen branded vehicles. The Chakan Plant is also used by SAIPL to manufacture the Škoda Fabia. It also shares a manufacturing/assembly plant in Aurangabad, Maharashtra which is operated by Škoda Auto India Private Limited for production of Audi branded vehicles.
- Audi A4 (Launched 2008)
- Audi A6 (Launched 2009)
- Audi Q5 (Launched 2010)
- Audi Q3 (Launched 2012)
- Audi Q7 (Launched 2013)
- Volkswagen Passat (Launched 2007)
- Volkswagen Jetta (Launched 2008)
- Volkswagen Polo (Launched 2010)
- Volkswagen Vento (Launched 2010)
- Volkswagen Touareg (Launched 2009)
- Volkswagen New Beetle (Launched 2009)
- Volkswagen Phaeton (Launched 2010)
- Škoda Laura (Launched 2005)
- Škoda Fabia (Launched 2008)
- Škoda Superb (Launched)
- Skoda Rapid (Launched 2011)
- Škoda Yeti (Launched 2010)
Sales and Service Network
VGSIPL's vehicle brands have a combined dealership network of more than 153 dealerships in more than 56 cities all over India.Skoda and Audi alone having in total around 120 dealerships across the country today.
In the year 2010-11, VGSIPL recorded combined sales of 53,341 vehicles.In 2011-2012 the Volkswagen Group India clocked an impressive growth of 109.3%. The three brands – Audi, ŠKODA and Volkswagen together delivered a total of 111,623 vehicles to customers in 2011-2012.The Volkswagen Polo is the highest selling model of this group with a sales of 37,153 in 2011. From January to December 2012 Volkswagen Group India sold 115,237 cars with a growth of 3.2 percent. Audi, Lamborghini and ŠKODA achieved impressive sales figures while the sales figures of Volkswagen and Bentley remained with a slight decrease.
Volkswagen Group India has won several awards and it was in the spotlight for bagging four prestigious awards at CNBC-Overdrive Awards 2011. Here is the list of Awards won by Volkswagen Group India in the year 2011 in which volkswagen passenger cars alone won 18 Awards which includes Best advertising, Best quality and Most Sporty Awards.
|Audi A4||CNBC Overdrive Auto Awards||Performance Car of the Year|
|Audi Q7||Car and Bike India Awards||Variant of the year|
|Volkswagen Polo||CNBC Overdrive Auto Awards||Premium Hatchback of the year|
|BS Motoring Awards||Car of the Year|
|NDTV Car and Bike Awards||Premium Hatchback of the year|
|Car of the Year|
|Car and Bike India Awards||Small Car of the Year|
|ET Zigwheels car and bike Awards||Most Fun to Drive Vehicle Trophy|
|Volkswagen Vento||BBC TopGear India||Saloon Car of the Year|
|NDTV Car and Bike Awards||Compact Sedan of the Year|
|Design of the Year|
|Car and Bike India Awards||Midsize Car of the Year|
|Automobile of the Year|
|ET Zigwheels car and bike Awards||Premium Compact Sedan of the Year|
|Škoda Yeti||CNBC Overdrive Auto Awards||SUV of the Year|
|BBC TopGear India||Car of the Year|
|NDTV Car and Bike Awards||Compact SUV of the Year|
|Integrated Campaign of the Year|
|Car and Bike India Awards||Crossover MUV of the Year|
|ET Zigwheels Car and Bike Awards||SUV of the Year|
|Design of the Year|
|Bloomberg UTV Autocar Awards||4x4 of the Year|
- "Production Plants". www.volkswagenag.com. Volkswagen AG. 31 December 2008. Retrieved 21 December 2009.
- "Sites (Audi Group)". www.audi-mediaservices.com (Press release). 10 March 2009. Retrieved 21 December 2009.
- "Škoda Auto (India) - FAQ's". skoda-auto.co.in. ŠkodaAuto India. 2008. Retrieved 21 December 2009.
- "Volkswagen opens new plant in Pune / India". www.volkswagenag.com. Volkswagen AG. 31 March 2009. Retrieved 21 December 2009.
- vwagfy2012 (pdf). 15 March 2013. Retrieved 15 March 2013.
- "Volkswagen India". www.volkswagen.co.in. 2009-03-13. Retrieved 2009-10-15.
- Audi India > Models