Volo Auto Museum
|This article does not cite any references or sources. (June 2010)|
|Volo Auto Museum|
|Location||27582 Volo Village Road
The Volo Auto Museum is an automobile museum in the Chicago suburb of Volo, Illinois, USA. The museum contains an exhibit of collectors' autos from vintage to modern classics, with the main focus being American cars of the 1950-1980 period, TV and Movie cars, Bizarre cars, cars previously owned by The Rich and Famous and a large one of a kind Disney and Looney Tunes characters display. Unique to this museum is that many of the vehicles on display (in five large buildings) are for sale. A military-oriented "Armed Forces Exhibit" was added in the late 2000s.
The museum also features cars (some original and many replicas) from notable television shows and movies. These include:
- KITT from Knight Rider
- Super Pursuit K. I. T. T. from "Knight Rider" TV show
- Ghostbusters ambulance
- Bonnie and Clyde movie death car
- Bluesmobile from The Blues Brothers
- The General Lee from The Dukes of Hazzard (television show)
- replica DeLorean from Back to the Future
- Eleanor Mustang from the film "Gone In 60 Seconds"
- Interceptor from the film "Mad Max" with Mel Gibson
- Black Beauty from "Green Hornet"
- Greased Lightning car
- Ghost Rider motorcycle
- replica DRAG-U-LA from The Munsters
- Munsters' Koach from "The Munsters"
- Christine from Christine
- replica van from Scooby-Doo
- replica (Don Currie-built) Batmobile of TV's Batman
- 18-wheel tractor-trailer (Trailer is labeled "(S)Laughter is the best medicine") driven by the Joker in The Dark Knight
- moped used by Peter Parker in Spider-Man
- the Ferrari Daytona replica driven by Don Johnson in Miami Vice'
- Barricade from the "Transformers" movie
- Lotus from "Pretty Women" film
- Beverly Hillbillies Jalopy
- Arnold's Hearse from the film "Terminator 3"
- Michael Andretti's Indy 500 race car
- a model of the "Cars" character Doc Hudson
- Lightning McQueen from the film "Cars"
- Mater from the film "Cars"
- The Cat in the Hat Car from the Mike Meyers "Cat in the Hat" movie
- Speed Racer's Mach 5
- SpongeBob's boatmobile
- Teenage Ninja Mutant Turtle's van
- Bugs Buggy Karrot car
- Truckasauras Dinosaur truck
- Cinderella's coach
- Pee Wee Herman's bike from the film "Pee Wee's Great Adventure"
- Herbie The Love Bug from the film "Fully Loaded"
- Dick Tracy car
- Guitar Car
- Tribute to Elvis car
- Tribute to Marilyn car
- Tribute to James Dean car
- Tribute to Charlie Chaplain car
- Roller Skate car
- Piano car
- Soul train car
Some of the vehicles referred to by the museum as "star cars" are available for purchase.
|This article related to a museum in the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a building or structure in Illinois is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|