Volodymyr Havrylovych Luciv (born in 1929 in Nadvirna, in eastern Poland - in present-day Ukraine) is a Ukrainian bandurist and tenor. He learned to play the bandura from Hryhory Nazarenko in the Leontovych Bandurist Capella in Goslar, Germany. He completed his Conservatory music studies in 1957 in Rome majoring in voice, and currently resides in London.
In the Ukrainian diaspora community he performed throughout the world as a bandurist and singer and is known for his performance of dumy (sung epic poems). Professionally he performed as a singer on cruise ships in the Mediterranean under the stage name of Tino Valdi.
He is the author of a numerous articles about the history of the bandura.
- Кавка, М. – Амабасадор української музики (Про В. Луціва) // г. “Шлях перемоги” 28 вересня, 1986
- нн - Вoлoдимир Луців // ж. Бандура #7-8, 1984
- МДЧ - Вoлoдимир Луців // ж. Бандура #43-44, 1993
- Лукaсeвич, В. - Iнтeрв'ю з бaндуристoм Вoлoдимирoм Луцівoм // ж. Бандура # 3-36, 1991
- Мудрий, С - Вiд Бистриці дo Тeмзи // ж. Бандура #71/72, 2000
|This Ukrainian biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|