Volta (TV series)
|Format||Drama, Comedy, Action, Fantasy|
|Directed by||Wenn V. Deramas|
|Starring||Ai-Ai de las Alas|
|Country of origin||Philippines|
|No. of episodes||8 (final)|
|Picture format||480i SDTV|
|Original run||January 26, 2008 – August 23, 2008|
Volta was a Filipino television series on ABS-CBN, which broadcast from January 2008 to August 2008. The series is a serialization of a 2004 film of the same title produced by Star Cinema. It was a regional semi-finalist for the 2008 International Emmy Awards under the Comedy Program category.
Volta, the Queen of Lightning kicks bad guys with her 2 children, 220 (Salty) & 110 (Pepper). Her husband, Mark does not have superpowers and is unaware that his wife Perla is the superheroine Volta—whom he has a crush on. The family live a complicated life of secrecy and double-secrecy as Volta tries to balance her life as a superheroine and a homemaker.
Aiding her in her complicated life are her best friends Din-Din and Nancy. However, complications rise when a villainous "family" surfaces to darken Volta's days—and move in on Perla's neighborhood as their next door neighbor! Will Volta ever win against her evil nemesis? Will her family find true happiness?
In the end, Volta sacrifices herself to the thunder elemental to save the world. However, before the last episode closes, a glimpse of her archenemy's hair is seen at a government cloning facility in Batangas.
Cast and characters
- Ai-Ai de las Alas as Perla Magtoto/Volta
- Dino Imperial as Salty/220
- Mariel Pamintuan as Pepper/110
- Jayson Gainza as Mark
- Eugene Domingo as Nancy
- Jon "Chokoleit" Garcia as Din-Din
- Jackielou Blanco as Black Hola Hola
- Carlos Morales as Incredible Hunk
- DJ Durano as Anthony
- Jessy Mendiola as Chappy Girl
- Quintin Alianza as Ice Ice Baby
- Boy Abunda as Ama
Volta Theme Song
- Vincent De Jesus Original Theme and Musical Score
- ABS-CBN Interactive
- Volta The Series
- "THE 2008 INTERNATIONAL EMMY AWARDS Regional Semi-Finalists". The International Academy of Television Arts and Sciences. 2008-09-03.