Volumes 1 & 2
|Desert Sessions, Volumes 1 & 2|
|Compilation album by The Desert Sessions|
|Released||February 24, 1998|
|Recorded||August 5–12, 1997 at Rancho de la Luna, Joshua Tree, CA|
|The Desert Sessions chronology|
Volumes 1 & 2 is the first full length album by The Desert Sessions. It features the seven tracks found on the original 10 inch singles, plus three bonus tracks.
This album differs from subsequent collaborative Desert Sessions in that it was recorded solely by Josh Homme's band The Acquitted Felons playing for three days straight on psilocybin mushrooms.
- "Preaching" * – 0:44
- "Girl Boy Tom" * – 4:25
- "Monkey in the Middle" – 2:47
- "Girl Boy Tom" – 2:52
- "Cowards Way Out" – 5:36
- "Robotic Lunch" (Alternative Version) – 5:22
- "Johnny the Boy" – 4:32
- "Screamin' Eagle" – 3:36
- "Cake (Who Shit on the ?)" – 9:03
- "Man's Ruin Preach" * – 0:50
Tracks marked with a * are CD only bonus tracks and do not appear on the individual vinyl versions.
The two "Girl Boy Tom" tracks are actually part of a single song. "Monkey in the Middle" is crammed between the two tracks with a fade out from "Girl Boy Tom" and fade back into "Girl Boy Tom". Thus the title "Monkey in the Middle" is a sort of play on titles, being the monkey in the middle.
- Josh Homme: Vocals, Guitar, Keyboards, Bass, Percussion
- John McBain: Guitar, Keyboards
- Fred Drake: Guitar, Drums, Keyboards, Percussion
- Dave Catching: Guitar, Bass, Synthesizer, Percussion
- Ben Shepherd: Bass, Guitar
- Brant Bjork: Drums, Bass, Percussion
- Alfredo Hernández: Drums, Percussion
- Pete Stahl: Vocals
|This article on a 1990s compilation album is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|