The Volvo C30 is a sport coupé produced by Volvo Cars. The C30 is a three-door, four-seat shooting-brake powered by straight-4 and straight-5 engines. The car is a hatchback version of the S40/V50/C70 range, and uses the same Ford C1 (or Volvo P1) platform. It is being marketed as a premium hatchback or a sports coupe specially designed for first-time Volvo buyers and the youth market. Production is expected to be 65,000 units a year, 75% for sale in the European market.
Volvo SCC (2001) 
Safety features include:
- Forward collision warning
- Information projected on the windscreen
- Technology that monitors vehicles in the "blind spot" and alerts the driver.
- Warning system to alert the driver to the risk of straying from the lane.
- Cruise control that maintains a set distance behind the vehicle in front.
- Flashing brake lights during hard braking
- Safety cameras
- Advanced headlights that follow the curvature of the road as the car turns.
- Further-developed HMI (Human Machine Interface)
- Height-adjustable rear seat.
- Protection for pedestrians
- Steering wheel adjustable for height and reach
- Passive unlocking and engine starting
- Communication with the car via mobile phone
The vehicle was unveiled in 2001 Detroit Auto Show, and later in Seville International Airport in southern Spain in Autumn. Production model of C30 was planned in 2002.
Initial release (2006–) 
(by the Volvo Cars Ghent factory)
|Class||Small family car|
|Body style||3-door 2+2 hatchback coupe/shooting brake|
|Platform||Volvo P1 platform|
1.8 Flexifuel I4
2.5T 'T5' I5
2.0D 'D3' I5
2.4D 'D5' I5
|Transmission||5- or 6-speed manual
|Wheelbase||2,640 mm (103.9 in)|
|Length||2007–2010: 4,252 mm (167.4 in)
2011–2012: 4,266 mm (168.0 in)
|Width||1,782 mm (70.2 in)|
|Height||1,447 mm (57.0 in)|
|Curb weight||1,331 kg (2,930 lb)-1,347 kg (2,970 lb)|
Early model includes T5 (2.5 litres), 2.4i, 2.0, 1.8, 1.8 Flexifuel, 1.6, D5 (2.4 litre) (132PS), D5 (120PS) (Belgium only), 2.0D, 1.6D.
In late 2006, the C30 was launched in Europe. Engines choices range from a 1.6L inline-4 (petrol or diesel) to a 2.5L inline-5 turbo (2.4L diesel). 2009 added the choices of a 6-speed PowerShift dual-clutch automatic with the 2.0 L petrol and diesel engines, a 1.8L E85 flex-fuel engine, and 1.6L "DRIVe" diesel engines with improved efficiency and optional start/stop capability.
Trim lines include SE and SE Lux in the UK, and Kinetic, Momentum, and Summum (from fewest to most features) in most other European nations. The R-Design package adds interior and exterior accessories including aluminum inlays on the dashboard, R-Design emblems on the steering wheel, seats and floor mats, a rear spoiler and body kit.
North America 
The C30 went on sale in Canada in March 2007 as a 2007 model, and in October 2007 in the United States as a 2008 model.
In Canada, the 2.4i was offered until 2011, while the T5 remains available. In the United States, the only engine available has been the T5. For 2008, the US C30 debuted with two trim lines, Version 1.0 and Version 2.0. R-Design was added later in the model year, featuring unique badges and interior trim. Since 2009, the US C30 has been offered in T5 or R-Design trim. In addition, the Polestar performance option (developed in partnership between Volvo Car Corporation and Polestar Racing) became available for the 2012 model year for several Volvo models, including the C30 T5. The software modification to the engine control computer increased output from 227 hp to 250 hp without a reduction in U.S. Environmental Protection Agency fuel economy ratings.
C30 Design Concept (2006) 
Volvo C30 Design Concept two-door, four-seater with a glass tailgate. It included 2-tone Quite White and Very Bronze body colours, 5x130 W digital ICE Power amplifier from Alpine, Dolby Pro Logic II Surround and 10 loudspeakers from Dynaudio of Denmark, in-line five-cylinder 2.4-litre turbocharged engine rated 260 PS (191 kW; 256 hp)@5500rpm and 350 N·m (258 lb·ft)@2100-5000rpm, 19-inch aluminium wheels with Pirelli Corsa 225/35 R19 tyres, Brembo four-piston brakes with aluminium callipers and 330 millimetres brake discs.
The vehicle was unveiled in 2006 Detroit Motor Show, with production model to be unveiled in 2006 Paris motor show.
2006 SEMA concepts (2006) 
- The EVOLVE C30 show car has a twin turbo engine, all wheel drive, suspension from Evolve's 2004 S40 concept from the 2004 SEMA show, and 4-piston brake calipers.
- The IPD C30 includes a supercharged 5-cylinder engine with belt-driven supercharger with 6 psi (0.4 bar) of boost, a nitrous tank, gull wing doors, and Alcantara seats, Alpine and Apple audio system.
- HEICO HS3 THOR is designed for outdoor enthusiasts, built by Heico Sportiv. It includes a 2.5L turbo engine (B5254T) rated 300 PS (221 kW; 296 hp) and 420 N·m (310 lb·ft), Haldex AWD, Heico Volution V 8x18-in sport-alloy wheels with Toyo tires, and 4-caliper disk brakes with 320 mm (12.6 in) front rotors.
2006 Essen concepts (2006) 
HEICO HS3 D5 includes a 5-cylinder diesel engine rated 205 PS (151 kW; 202 hp) and 400 N·m (295 lb·ft), a body kit with front and rear bumper spoilers, side skirts, and fender flares; 8.5x20-inch VOLUTION V. wheels in Titan colour, a height-adjustable suspension kit, 4-tip stainless steel exhaust, 4-piston sports brake kit, a pedal set, foot rest, hand-brake lever, and door pins, all in aluminum; seats and door panels in two-tone upholstery.
THOR_2 is a variant of HEICO HS3 THOR concept, based on C30 T5. It includes body-kit in "XC off-road look", 30mm raised suspension, VOLUTION X 8x18-inch wheels in Titan colour, custom made TOYO TIRES R888 semi-slicks with HEICO SPORTIV 'helmet" logo, increased engine power to 250 PS (184 kW; 247 hp) and 360 N·m (266 lb·ft)
The vehicles were unveiled in 2006 Essen Motorshow. HEICO HS3 D5 went on sale in 2007.
Volvo ReCharge concept (2007) 
The ReCharge concept is a plug-in hybrid electric version of C30, developed by Volvo's California development center. It was unveiled at the 2007 Frankfurt Motor Show. It features a 4-cylinder 1.6L flex-fuel engine and an electric motor on each wheel. It has an estimated battery range of 100 kilometres (62 mi). The batteries have 3 hours of full recharge time. The car has a top speed of 160 km/h (99 mph). Volvo plans to sell a production plug-in hybrid C30 in Europe in 2012.
Volvo C30 Efficiency (2007) 
It is a version of 1.6D rated 105PS with reduced chassis height, a new rear roof spoiler, a new rear bumper, underbody panels, optimised engine cooling, aerodynamically optimised 16-inch wheel rims, low friction tyres, revised gearing on 3rd-5th gears, low-friction transmission oil, optimisation of steering servo assistance, engine management optimisation.
Boston Red Sox edition (2008) 
It is a limited (107 units) of C30 T5 with five-speed automatic transmission with Geartronic for the US market, commemorating Boston Red Sox's 107 victories in 2007. It included red body colour, Boston Red Sox logo at rear hatch glass, Boston Red Sox fender badges.
C30 R-Design (2008) 
It is a limited (400 units) version of C30 T5 for North America market. It included a choice of 4 body colours (Black Sapphire, Titanium Grey, Orinoco Blue and Passion Red), Sport Body kit, off-black Flex-tech seat upholstery, cushions and backrests trimmed in contrasting crème-colored leather, blue-face instrument cluster, center console with subtle circular patterns and aluminum inlay, wrapped steering with aluminum inlays, sport pedals, sport shifter, floor mats, 18" Atreus wheels, Sirius Satellite Radio with a 6 month introductory subscription. Other options include 5-speed Geartronic transmission, DVD-based navigation system with real time traffic, power driver's seat, Climate Package, power glass moonroof, bi-xenon headlights, Serapis alloy wheels and Dynaudio premium sound system.
The vehicle was unveiled in 2008 New York Auto Show. Production version went on sale in April 2008.
Available audio system includes:
- Performance – with a 4x20W amplifier and four loudspeakers
- High Performance – with a 4x40W amplifier and eight loudspeakers
- Premium Sound – with a digital class D amplifier with ICE Power technology from Alpine, an output of 5x130W, Dolby Pro Logic II Surround, and ten loudspeakers from Danish Dynaudio
On the High Performance and Premium Sound, it is possible to play CDs with music in MP3 and WMA formats, and they are fitted with an extra AUX connector for connecting auxiliary equipment such as a portable MP3 player. Starting in the spring of 2007, an adapter for connecting an iPod or a USB flash drive will also be available as an accessory.
The 2008 model year brings some minor changes, mostly adapting the interior to the facelifted S40/V50 and including as standard an Aux audio socket.
The 2009 model year moved the Volvo badge from the hatch handle to the glass area above it, enlarged the font and increased the space between the letters. It also brought other small changes such as including the hard load cover as standard.
Engines and transmissions 
|Model||Engine type, code||Max power @ rpm||Max torque @ rpm||Transmissions|
|1.6||1,596 cc (1.6 L; 97.4 cu in) I4, B4164S3||100 PS (74 kW; 99 hp)@6000||150 N·m (110 lb·ft)@4000||5-speed manual (Ford IB5)|
|1.8||1,798 cc (1.8 L; 109.7 cu in) I4, B4184S11||125 PS (92 kW; 123 hp)@6000||165 N·m (122 lb·ft)@4000||5-speed manual (Ford MTX-75)|
|2.0||1,999 cc (2.0 L; 122.0 cu in) I4, B4204S3||145 PS (107 kW; 143 hp)@6000||185 N·m (136 lb·ft)@4500||5-speed manual (Ford MTX-75), 6-speed PowerShift (Ford MPS6)|
|2.4i||2,435 cc (2.4 L; 148.6 cu in) I5, B5244S4||170 PS (125 kW; 168 hp)@6000||230 N·m (170 lb·ft)@4400||5-speed manual (Getrag M56), 5-speed Geartronic (Aisin AW55-51)|
|T5 (2006–2007)||2,521 cc (2.5 L; 153.8 cu in) I5 turbo, B5254T||220 PS (162 kW; 217 hp)||320 N·m (236 lb·ft)@1500–4800||6-speed manual (Getrag M66), 5-speed Geartronic (Aisin AW55-51)|
|T5 (2007–)||2,521 cc (2.5 L; 153.8 cu in) I5 turbo, B5254T7||230 PS (169 kW; 227 hp)@5000||320 N·m (236 lb·ft)@1500–5000||6-speed manual, 5-speed Geartronic|
|Model||Engine type, code||Max power @ rpm||Max torque @ rpm||Transmissions|
|1.6D, 1.6D DRIVe||1,560 cc (1.6 L; 95.2 cu in) I4 turbo, D4164T||109 PS (80 kW; 108 hp)@4000||240 N·m (177 lb·ft)@1750||5-speed manual (Ford MTX-75)|
|1.6D DRIVe S/S||1,560 cc (1.6 L; 95.2 cu in) I4 turbo||109 PS (80 kW; 108 hp)@4000||240 N·m (177 lb·ft)@1750||5-speed manual (Ford MTX-75)|
|2.0D||1,997 cc (2.0 L; 121.9 cu in) I4 turbo, D4204T||136 PS (100 kW; 134 hp)@4000||320 N·m (236 lb·ft)@2000||6-speed manual (Getrag MMT6), 6-speed Powershift (Ford MPS6)|
|D5 (automatic)||2,401 cc (2.4 L; 146.5 cu in) I5 turbo, D5244T8||180 PS (132 kW; 178 hp)@4000||350 N·m (258 lb·ft)@1750–3250||6-speed manual (Getrag M66), 5-speed GearTronic|
|D5 (manual)||2,401 cc (2.4 L; 146.5 cu in) I5 turbo, D5244T13||180 PS (132 kW; 178 hp)@4000||400 N·m (295 lb·ft)@2000–2750||6-speed manual (Getrag M66)|
|Model||Engine type, code||Max power @ rpm||Max torque @ rpm||Transmissions|
|1.8F||1,798 cc (1.8 L; 109.7 cu in) I4, B4184S8||125 PS (92 kW; 123 hp)@6000||165 N·m (122 lb·ft)@4000||5-speed manual (Ford MTX-75)|
The C30 continues Volvo's marketing strategy to put safety as a primary concern. This is demonstrated[original research?] through some recently developed safety features, including a method of overcoming the "blind spots" in the driver's view to the rear through a system known as BLIS (Blind Spot Information System).
The C30 also features a four-wheel anti-lock braking system (ABS), electronic stability program (ESP), traction control system and front, side and curtain airbags, front and rear crumple zones, and a stiff occupant cell.
The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) awarded the Volvo C30 their Top Safety Pick award. The C30 was granted its highest rating of "good" in front, side, rear and roof strength tests and has Electronic Stability Control as standard equipment to receive the award.
The Volvo C30 has a patented front and rear structure using four different grades of steel to absorb and redistribute impact energy around the body of the coupe. Volvo's Whiplash Protection System and Side Impact Protection System with side airbags and Inflatable Curtain are also standard. The seat belts have pretensioners to protect the occupants against unexpected accidents.
The car also uses Volvo's Intelligent Driver Information System (IDIS) which continuously monitors the car's preemptive systems such as steering wheel angle, pedal depressions, and overall factors that help the vehicle's computer to decide if the driver is busy or distracted merging or turning, and will then accordingly delay certain data or alerts that are unimportant.
The C30 has been criticized because in an effort to make it more responsive in curves it has become less reliable on ice or snow where the rear end can more easily lose its grip compared to other Volvo models.
As part of the European C30 launch, a series of 16 different television commercials were created by Fuel London (part of Euro RSCG Worldwide) under the campaign's theme, "A Product of Free Will".
As part of the US C30 launch, Volvo C30's configuration site featured a fluctuating price quote for the identically-equipped vehicles. Volvo's intention was to determine what potential buyers are willing to pay and how many vehicles they should ship to the States.
2010 update 
New exterior features include:
- Redesigned front, including body panels such as the front wings
- New, larger iron mark found in the rest of the Volvo range
- Wavier and more dynamic rear
- New body colour, Orange Flame Metallic
- Visible exhaust tailpipe in the T5 and D5 models
- Two new wheel options - and for the first time, white wheels are available
- The option to choose five different colours on the lower trim - the C30 Contrast Colour Collection.
New interior features include:
- All-new colour combination known as Espresso/Blond, consisting of a dark brown upper section and a blond, fresh shade on the lower door sides. The blond tone is somewhere between grey and beige and is an expression of Volvo's strong Scandinavian design tradition.
- Luggage compartment cover in the rear, which uses a new material and a new graphic pattern to further enhance the car's modern image.
- Oyster Burst Déco centre stack option
New accessory styling kit includes foglamp décor, a front skidplate, side scuff plates with engraved C30 logo and a rear skidplate with a stylish aluminium look. For D5 and T5 two 90 mm tail pipes in polished stainless steel are added to underline the powerful engine.
Optional sport chassis, available in all models except 1.6D DRIVe, includes lower steering ratio, giving 10% faster response to steering wheel input. Spring stiffness has been increased by no less than 30% in order to increase the car's poise in enthusiastic driving.
In spring 2009, Volvo C30 1.6D DRIVe is available with an advanced start/stop function (as 1.6D DRIVe start/stop).
The updated vehicles were unveiled in 2009 Frankfurt Motor Show.
The updated C30 went on sale in early 2010, as a 2011 model in North America and Australia. Early models include T5 (2.5 litres), 2.4i, 2.0, 2.0F (Flexifuel), 1.6, D5 (2.4 litres), 2.0D, 1.6D DRIVe, 1.6D DRIVe start/stop. Delivery began in early 2010.
Beginning in 2011 model year, D3 and D4 engine options were added to the product line. Other changes include new body colour (Flamenco Red), Cars with Volvo On Call have the option of activating the cabin heater remotely via SMS text messaging.
C30 R-Design (2010-2013) 
It is a version of C30 with following:
- R-Design badge in the grille
- Grille and door mirror housings in special silk metal finish
- Body kit with front and rear spoilers, lower door trim moulding and side-skirts colour-matched to the rest of the body, 10 mm reduction in ride height
- New 17-inch five-spoke Cratus aluminium wheels (18-inch optional)
- Tailgate spoiler
- Visible chrome-plated sports tailpipes (90 mm)
- Upholstery in two colour combinations: cream-coloured leather with sides in dark grey Flex-Tec, or off-black leather with edges in off-black (new)
- Embossed R-Design emblem in the front seats
- R-Design centre stack and panel inserts
- Gear lever knob trimmed in leather and aluminium
- Sports pedals in aluminium, with rubber ribs
- Sports steering wheel trimmed in leather, with R-Design emblem
- Blue speedometer and rev counter gauges
- Textile floor mats with contrasting piping
C30 Polestar Performance Concept Prototype (2010) 
It is a version of C30 inspired by the Polestar STCC race car based on T5, designed by Polestar Performance. It included 2.5L Turbo engine with larger intercooler and KKK 26 turbo, modified pistons, conrods and inlet camshaft, rated 405 PS (298 kW; 399 hp) and 510 N·m (376 lb·ft); Haldex AWD with Quaife mechanical differential brake front and rear, Öhlins shock absorbers and springs with 2.25 ratio steering rack, Brembo 380mm front brake discs with six piston calipers, Brembo 330mm rear brake discs with four piston calipers, BBS FI 19x8,75-inch wheels with Pirelli P Zero 235/35 ZR 19 tires, racing seats with Ternsjö leather and four point harness, aerodynamic body derived from the STCC race car.
STCC-Volvo (2010) 
C30 Black Design (2011) 
It is a limited (600 units) version of C30 1.6 D2 (115 hp), 1.6 DRIVe (115 hp), 2.0 D3 (150 hp) or 2.0 (145 hp) for Italy market, designed by Eidon and Berman. It included DI-NOC film (3M) carbon fiber surface finish at roof, side frames, the frame of the grille and door mirrors, Fondmetal 17-inch rims in matte black (optional Fondmetal 17-inch rims in matte black), a choice of 5 body colours ( bianco ghiacciato(white), grigio titanio(anthracite), argento elettrico metallizzato, orange flame metallizzato (orange flame metallic), argento metallizzato).
C30 DRIVe Electric (2011-2013) 
The prototype C30 electric car used a 82 kW electric motor, and had a 24 kWh lithium-ion battery pack installed in the propshaft tunnel and in the space normally occupied by the fuel tank, outside the passenger compartment and away from the deformations zones. The C30 electric delivers up to 150 km (93 mi) under the NEDC cycle.
A drivable C30 prototype was presented was presented in September 2009. An updated prototype (with complete interior and full instrumentation, and enhanced battery packaging) was unveiled in 2010 North American International Auto Show.
Field testing of about 50 C30 electric cars was conducted in Sweden beginning the fourth quarter of 2010, mainly internally at the Volvo Car Corporation. A Volvo C30 Electric was also part of the One Tonne Life project in which a family was given the task of living as climate-smart as possible for a period of six months. In July 2012 Volvo delivered 15 Volvo C30 electric cars as part of an open road test-drive project in Shanghai.
The electric C30 has a 24 kWh lithium-ion battery, supplied by US manufacturer EnerDel. The electric motor, the motor controller, the charger and other drivetrain components are supplied by Swiss manufacturer BRUSA Elektronik AG. Top speed is estimated by Volvo at 130 km/h (81 mph), with acceleration from 0–50 kph (0–31 mph) in 4 seconds. The C30 Electric can be recharged from a regular household power socket and a full charge takes about 7 hours. The all-electric range is up to 150 kilometres (93 mi). The batteries are installed where the fuel tank normally sits and also in a special compartment in the C30's central tunnel, and as a result, the luggage compartment is unchanged. In August 2012 Volvo ordered a second supply of battery packs from EnerDel to build an internal test fleet together with Siemens.
The Volvo C30 Electric is equipped with three climate systems: one supplies the passengers with heating or cooling; one cools or warms the battery pack as necessary; and the electric motor and power electronics are water-cooled. The climate control in the passenger cabin features a bioethanol-powered heater, a solution chosen by Volvo to get heating without compromising the battery driving range, but the driver has the option to run the climate unit on electricity from the batteries. Ethanol is the default mode and the ethanol tank can carry 14.5 litres (3.8 US gal) of bio-ethanol. Volvo has Tested the C30 in winter conditions in temperatures as low as −20 °C (−4 °F).
Production of the C30 Electric began in June 2011. Delivery of first ten C30 Electric went to the energy company Göteborg Energi with deliveries starting at the autumn of 2010. Leasing to fleet customers in Sweden, Belgium, the Netherlands and Norway began in the third quarter of 2011. A total of 209 units have been leased in Europe through October 2012, Sweden is the top selling market with 149 units delivered since 2011 through March 2013.
Range Extenders concepts (2011) 
Volvo C30 with series-connected Range Extender is based on C30 Electric with a three-cylinder combustion engine producing 60 PS (44 kW; 59 hp) installed under the rear load compartment floor. The car also has a 40 litre fuel tank. The combustion engine is connected to a 40 kW generator. The combined power is used to drive the car's 111 PS (82 kW; 109 hp) electric motor, but the driver can also choose to let the generator charge the battery, thus increasing the car's operating range on electricity. This Range Extender increases the electric car's range by up to 1,000 km - on top of the 110 km range provided by the car's battery pack.
Volvo C30 with parallel-connected Range Extender includes a turbocharged three-cylinder combustion engine rated 190 PS (140 kW; 187 hp) at the rear and a 40 litre fuel tank, six-speed automatic transmission. 40 kW generator the battery can also be charged to give the car increased range on electricity alone. The electric motor is same as series-connected Range Extender car. The combined power is rated 300 PS (221 kW; 296 hp). This Range Extender increases the electric car's range by up to 1,000 km - on top of the 75 km range provided by the car's battery pack.
Production of fuel cells began in 2010.
Polestar Performance Software (2011-2013) 
Tuning software for 2008 or later model years C30, C70 and S40 vehicle models with T5 engine went on sale in the US for MSRP of $1,295 starting on 2011-11-14.
2013 C30 Polestar Limited Edition (2012-2013) 
It is a limited (250 units) version of C30 T5 R-Design for the US market. It included increase engine power via increasing airflow into the combustion chambers and advancing spark timing, 17-inch Styx alloy wheels in matte black, Polestar badges on the rear and sides of the vehicle, Rebel Blue body colour, leather seating surfaces in a choice of Off-Black or two-tone Off-Black and Calcite colour, C30 T5 R-Design Premier Plus equipment (power glass sunroof, power driver's seat with memory, soft loadcover, auto-dimming rearview mirror with compass, power passenger's seat, LED daytime running lights, Keyless Drive and active dual Xenon headlights), optional Platinum trim (Dolby Pro Logic II Surround Sound, 10 loudspeakers rated 650 watts, navigation system with real time traffic, remote control and map care plus Sirius/XM satellite radio), color-coordinated body kit, front grille R-Design logo, R-Design watch dial instrument cluster, unique aluminum inlays, R-Design sport steering wheel and sport pedals; standard rain sensor windshield wipers and headlight washers, optional Climate Package (heated front seats, Electronic Climate Control (ECC) and Interior Air Quality System (IAQS)), spring stiffness increased by 30 percent, mono-tube design dampers with 20 percent increased low-speed damping, stiffer bushings and a 10-percent-quicker steering ratio.
The vehicle went on sale beginning in October 2012.
|1.6||2010-||1,596 cc (97 cu in) I4 (B4164S3)||100 PS (74 kW; 99 hp)@6000, 150 N·m (111 lb·ft)@4000|
|2.0||2010-||1,999 cc (122 cu in) I4 (B4204S3)||145 PS (107 kW; 143 hp)@6000, 185 N·m (136 lb·ft)@4500|
|2.4i||2010||2,521 cc (154 cu in) I5 (B5244S4)||170 PS (125 kW; 168 hp)@6000, 230 N·m (170 lb·ft)@4400|
|T5||2010-||2,521 cc (154 cu in) I5 turbo (B5254T7)||230 PS (169 kW; 227 hp)@?, 320 N·m (236 lb·ft)@1500-5000
with Polestar Performance Software: 253 PS (186 kW; 250 hp)@?, 359 N·m (265 lb·ft)@?
|Polestar Limited Edition||2012-||2,521 cc (154 cu in) I5 turbo (B5254T+?)||253 PS (186 kW; 250 hp)@?, 370 N·m (273 lb·ft)@?|
|2.0F||2010-||1,999 cc (122 cu in) I4 (B4204S4)||145 PS (107 kW; 143 hp)@6000, 185 N·m (136 lb·ft)@4500|
|1.6D DRIVe||2010-||1,560 cc (95 cu in) I4 turbo (D4164T)||109 PS (80 kW; 108 hp)@3600, 240 N·m (177 lb·ft)@1750-2500|
|1.6 D2||2010-||1,560 cc (95 cu in) I4 turbo||115 PS (85 kW; 113 hp)@3600, 270 N·m (199 lb·ft)@1750-2500|
|1.6D DRIVe start/stop||2010-||1,560 cc (95 cu in) I4 turbo (D4164T)||109 PS (80 kW; 108 hp)@3600, 240 N·m (177 lb·ft)@1750-2500|
|1.6D D2 start/stop||2010-||1,560 cc (95 cu in) I4 turbo||115 PS (85 kW; 113 hp)@3600, 270 N·m (199 lb·ft)@1750-2500|
|2.0 D||2010-||1,984 cc (121 cu in) I4 turbo (D4204T)||136 PS (100 kW; 134 hp)@4000, 320 N·m (236 lb·ft)@2000|
|2.0 D3||2010(MY2011)-||1,984 cc (121 cu in) I5 turbo (D5204T5)||150 PS (110 kW; 148 hp)@3500, 350 N·m (258 lb·ft)@1500-2750|
|2.0 D4||2010(MY2011)-||1,984 cc (121 cu in) I5 turbo (D5204T)||177 PS (130 kW; 175 hp)@3500, 400 N·m (295 lb·ft)@1750-2750|
|D5||2010-||2,401 cc (147 cu in) I5 turbo (D5244T13)||180 PS (132 kW; 178 hp)@4000, 400 N·m (295 lb·ft)@2000–2750|
|2.4i||2010||5-speed manual, 5-speed automatic|
|T5||2010-||6-speed manual, 5-speed automatic (Geartronic)|
|Polestar Limited Edition||2013||6-speed manual, 5-speed automatic (Geartronic)|
|1.6D DRIVe||2010-||5-speed manual|
|1.6 D2||2010-||6-speed manual|
|1.6D DRIVe start/stop||2010-||?|
|1.6 D2 start/stop||2010-||6-speed manual|
|2.0 D||2010-||6-speed manual, 6-speed Powershift|
|2.0 D3||2010(MY2011)-||6-speed manual, 6-speed automatic (Geartronic)|
|2.0 D4||2010(MY2011)-||6-speed manual, 6-speed automatic (Geartronic)|
|D5||2010-||6-speed manual / 5-speed automatic (Geartronic)|
Volvo Polestar driver Robert Dahlgren won the 2010 Scandinavian Touring Car Championship. In addition, after 8 of 9 rounds of STCC Driver's Championship 2010, Robert Dahlgren lead the tournament, and Volvo Polestar placed 2nd in the team championship.
Robert Dahlgren won the 2010 STCC Driver's Championship, while Volvo Polestar won the 2010 STCC Team Championship.
In the 2011 FIA World Touring Car Championship, the Polestar Racing team used Volvo C30 DRIVe as their race car.
Volvo C30 Electric shared first place in the 130-kilometre Michelin Challenge Bibendum rally plus awards for handling, well to wheel CO2 emissions and local emissions.
Polestar Racing entered 2011 WTCC season with one Volvo C30 DRIVe racer driven by Robert Dahlgren.
In 2011 World Touring Car Championship, Robert Dahlgren crashed out of qualifying in Macau race, ending the Polestar Racing team's season career.
The C30 DRIVe was one of the five finalists to the 2011 Green Car Vision Award. In July 2012, the Volvo C30 electric was named the "Green Car of the Year" in China at the 4th China New Energy Mobility Summit.
The Volvo C30 Electric body is built on the regular assembly line in the factory at Ghent, Belgium, and then the glider is transported to Göteborg for installation of the motor, batteries and other model-specific electronics.
As a low production car, Volvo intended to lease the Volvo C30 Electric to corporate customers, mainly companies, authorities and government agencies. Initial deliveries were scheduled for the third quarter of 2011 throughout Europe, including in Sweden, Belgium, the Netherlands and Norway. Volvo planned to build about 250 cars by the end of 2012, and possibly more if market interest takes off. Volvo also planned to allocate a total of 100 Volvo C30 Electrics for the US, half of which would be destines on the West Coast and the other half on the East Coast. Volvo is targeting the leases to corporate and government fleet users at a price of around US$2,100 per month in the U.S. and €1,500 per month in Europe on a three year lease. As this pricing is much higher than other electric cars available in the market by 2011, Volvo explained that their prices reflect the actual cost of the limited-production car. During 2011, 6 units were registered in France. A total of 126 units have been leased in Sweden through September 2012 since 2011.
In the 'DRIVe Around the World' C30 DRIVe campaign, a Facebook game was created to challenge users to virtually drive a Volvo C30 DRIVe to a Facebook friend who lives as close to 1,333 kilometres away from Sweden to Egypt as possible. The challenge began in 2009-11-16 and ended in 2010-02-05. The game was promoted with an animated trailer, which received 569,000 views worldwide in 169 countries. The Volvo fan page (www.facebook.com/volvo) was rewarded by a donation from Volvo Cars of 15,000 EURO in the Volvo Fans' team name to a Gold Standard certified wind farm project in Izmir, Turkey.
|Calendar year||United States||Canada||Global|
- Carney, Dan (2007-06-30). "From the Past: Volvo 1800ES". The Wall Street Journal. Archived from the original on April 16, 2008. Retrieved 2008-05-15
- Future Perfect - The Volvo Safety Concept Car
- Most of the concept car's technical innovations are in production - and it inspired the lines of the Volvo C30
- Official Volvo C30 info
- Paris Motor Show: Volvo C30 live and press shots
- "Volvo Cars of North America Announces it Will Sell the Exciting New C30 in the U.S. Market" (Press release). Volvo Cars North America.
- (2007-10-10). "Volvo adds new smallest car, the C30 hatchback". Abclocal.go.com. Retrieved 2010-12-03.
- Volvo C30 Concept
- "Volvo HS3 Thor Concept". Ultimatecarpage.com. 2006-11-02. Retrieved 2010-12-03.
- "2006 SEMA Show: Volvo Perspective". Swedespeed.com. 2006-11-07. Retrieved 2010-12-03.
- "Volvo readies three C30 concepts for SEMA". Autoblog.com.
- "SEMA: And Volvo C30 makes three". Autoblog.com.
- "Fast? Ja. Stylish? Ja. - Heico Sportiv to unveil 5 Volvo models at Essen". Autoblog.com.
- Muldoon, Dane (2007-02-01). "Volvo C30 plug-in hybrid concept: high-res pictures and specs". AutoblogGreen. Retrieved 2010-12-03.
- "Volvo C30 ReCharge Concept at Frankfurt". WorldCarFans. Retrieved 2010-12-03.
- "Welcome to VolvoCars-PR.com". Media.volvocars.com. 2010-11-17. Retrieved 2011-06-23.
- What would you pay for a C30? Volvo's interested.
- Frankfurt 2007: Volvo C30 Efficiency keeps it simple, stupid
- Volvo Pitches Special Edition C30 at Boston Red Sox Fans
- Bats and Boats - Special edition Volvos for Bo' Sox fans and sailors alike
- Volvo Launches Boston Red Sox Special Edition C30 227HP
- New York 2008: Volvo C30 R-Design is R-some
- "The New Volvo C30 – Compact Volvo Loaded with Driving Pleasure and First-class safetey" (Press release). Ford.
- "Volvo reveals photos of new C30 coupe" (Press release). Volvo Canada.
- Channel 4: Road Test: Volvo C30 (2007–)[dead link]
- "Volvo C30 Ties the Knot with International Product Development (IPD) at 2006 SEMA Show" (Press release). Volvo Car Corporation.
- "SLADD-VOLVON". Aftonbladet. 2006-12-08.
- EXCLUSIVE: Volvo hatches the C30 ad campaign
- "The new Volvo C30 – with a sporty new front and even more choice" (Press release). Volvo Cars. 2009-09-07.
- "The new Volvo C30 sporty new front and even more choices" (Press release). Volvo Cars. 2010-01-11.
- Refreshed Volvo C30 peeks out ahead of Frankfurt
- Upgraded engines and lower fuel consumption in Volvo Cars' 2011 models
- New Volvo C30 R-Design with top-class sports chassis
- "Is Volvo preparing a sport lineup?". European Car News.
- "Volvo teases C30 Polestar Performance Concept". Autoblog.com.
- Touring car gurus Polestar Performance announce 395-hp AWD Volvo C30-based roadcar
- "New STCC-Volvo unveiled". Volvo Car Corporation.
- Volvo rolls out exclusive C30 Black Design for Italy... does it look better?
- 2011 Volvo C30 Black Design
- "Volvo C30 Electric - hundred percent driving pleasure with almost zero CO2". Media.volvocars.com. 2011-04-01. Retrieved 2013-03-30.
- "Volvo Brings Practicality to Electric Cars". Wired. 2010-01-15. Retrieved 2010-01-15.
- "http://www.autoblog.com/2009/12/17/detroit-2010-preview-volvo-c30-ev-evolves-for-road-trials/". Autolblog.
- "Volvo Car Corporation Confirms Introduction of PHEV Diesel in 2012; C30 BEV Production in 2011". Green Car Congress. 2010-09-30. Retrieved 2010-10-04.
- "Volvo Car Corporation begins production of the Volvo C30 Electric for leasing customers in Europe". Green Car Congress. 2011-06-08. Retrieved 2011-06-08.
- "Volvo C30 Electric wins "Green Car of the Year" in China as 100-day test drives start". Autoblog Green. 2012-07-22. Retrieved 2012-10-06.
- "Welcome to VolvoCars-PR.com". Media.volvocars.com. 2010-11-17. Retrieved 2011-06-23.
- "BRUSA supplying complete electric drivetrain for at least 250 Volvo C30 Electrics". Green Car Congress. 2011-09-21. Text "http://www.greencarcongress.com/2011/09/brusa-20110921.html" ignored (help);
- "EnerDel secures second order to supply Li-ion battery pack for Volvo C30 Electric Car". Green Car Congress. 2012-08-27. Retrieved 2012-10-06.
- Volvo Car Corporation and Siemens launch electric mobility partnership
- "Volvo C30 Electric equipped with three climate systems; bioethanol heater". Green Car Congress. 2011-03-28. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- Volvo C30 Electric ready for delivery
- Justin Aschard (2012-11-30). "Inmatriculations VP et VUL Europe 18 à fin Oct. 2012 (2010-2012)" [Registrations of passenger cars and utility vehicles in Europe 18 through October 2012 (2010-2012)] (in French). France Mobilité Électrique. Retrieved 2012-12-15.
- "2012 (Q3) Sweden: Best-Selling Electric Car Models". BestSellingCars.com. 2012-10-03. Retrieved 2012-10-05.
- "2012 (Full Year) Sweden: Best-Selling Electric Cars & Plug-In Hybrid Models". BestSellingCars.com. 2013-04-02. Retrieved 2013-01-15.
- "2013 (Q1) Sweden: Best-Selling Electric Cars and Plugin Hybrid Models". BestSellingCars.com. 2013-04-12. Retrieved 2013-04-15.
- Volvo Car Corporation develops Range Extenders for electric cars - adding 1,000 km extra range
- Volvo Cars starts development of fuel cells to extend the electric car's operating range
- Volvo offering 23-hp upgrade for $1,295
- 2013 Volvo C30 Polestar Limited Edition heads to U.S., only 250 available
- Scandinavian Champions! - Volvo Polestar secured another title this weekend by spurring Robert Dahlgren to victory in the Scandinavian Touringcar Cup.
- Swedish Champions! - Volvo Polestar won the STCC Team Championship title. The green C30 is now Volvos most successful race car to date.
- WTCC premiere in Brazil for Polestar Racing - The FIA World Touring Car Championship 2011 season kicks off at Curitiba in Brazil this weekend, marking the start of the evaluation season for Polestar Racing in the championship.
- Solid start to the touring car season for Volvo Polestar Racing
- Valuable weekend for Volvo Polestar Racing at Monza
- Design award and top positions for Volvo Car Corporation at Michelin Challenge Bibendum
- Green light to Polestar for 2011 WTCC with Volvo C30 DRIVe
- Volvo Polestar Racing crashes out of WTCC finale on top
- "Green Car’s Top 5 Vehicles that Envision The Road Ahead". Green Car Journal. 2011-01-05. Retrieved 2011-01-18.
- Volvo Car Corporation starts production of the Volvo C30 Electric to leasing customers in Europe
- John O'Dell (2011-03-25). "Volvo C30 EV – Is a $2,100 Monthly Lease Crazy, or Just Honest?". Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- Michael Boxwell (2011-11-06). "Volvo C30 Electric production begins". TheChargingPoint.com. Retrieved 2012-10-06.
- Autoactu.com. "Chiffres de vente & immatriculations de voitures électriques en France" [Sales figures & electric car registrations in France] (in French). Automobile Propre. Retrieved 2012-10-06.
- "Volvo Confirms Decision Ro Kill C30 Hatchback After This Year". Motor Trend. 2012-10-15. Retrieved 2012-11-06.
- "Volvo takes final orders for C30, production ends this December". autoblog.com.
- 63,000 facebook teams accepted Volvo Cars' challenge:
- The Lindell family lives "One Tonne Life" with a climate-smart wooden house, an electric car and advanced energy solutions
- Climate-smart wooden house, electric car and advanced energy solutions
- Volvo shimmers once more in Summit Entertainment's The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 1
- "Welcome to VolvoCars-PR.com". Media.volvocars.com. Retrieved 2011-06-23.
- "Welcome to Volvo Cars Newsroom". Media.volvocars.com. 2011-05-12. Retrieved 2011-06-23.
- Volvo Car Corporation 2011 - Great achievements and more to come
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to: Volvo C30|
|« previous — Volvo Cars road car timeline, 1960s–present|
|Small family car||544||340/360||S40||S40||V40|
|Large family car||Amazon / 120 / 130||S60||S60|
|Sport||P1800||1800S||1800 E||1800 ES||242 GT||240 Turbo||850 T5/ R||S/V70 T5/ R||S60/V70 T5||S60/V70 R|