|Assembly||Ghent, Belgium (Ghent Factory)
Shah Alam, Malaysia (SMA)
|Body and chassis|
|Class||Compact car (small family car)|
|Body style||5-door hatchback|
|Platform||Volvo P1 platform|
D2 1.6 L I4
D3, D4 2.0 L I5
D4 Drive-E 2.0 L I4
|Wheelbase||2,647 mm (104.2 in)|
|Length||4,369 mm (172.0 in)|
|Width||1,802 mm (70.9 in)|
|Height||1,445 mm (56.9 in)|
|Curb weight||1,357–1,498 kg (2,992–3,303 lb)|
|Predecessor||Volvo S40/V50 and C30|
The Volvo V40 is a small family car, available in five-door hatchback form, that was unveiled at the 2012 Geneva Motor Show. It has been on sale in Europe since May 2012 and the UK since August.
The engine lineup is carried from current Volvo models, with two petrol engines; a 1.6 litre EcoBoost I4 producing either 150 and 180 hp, dependent on specification, and a 2.5 litre Volvo B525 I5 producing 254 hp, and two diesel engines; a 1.6 litre PSA Peugeot Citroen / Ford Duratorq engine, which produces 115 hp, whilst only emitting 94 g/km of CO2, and a 2.0 litre I5 Volvo diesel engine available in two versions, 150 hp and 177 hp.
Volvo V40 Cross Country (2013-)
The Cross Country is a version of the Volvo V40 with protective body panels, bigger wheels and tyres along with an increased ride height. Its T5 petrol variant features All Wheel Drive, along with Hill Descent Control. The V40 Cross Country is equipped with more powerful engines than the regular V40
Volvo launched the V40 Cross Country in India in June 2013, and is priced at Rs. 28.5 lakh.
V40 T5 Drive-E, D4 Drive-E (2014?-)
Available in V40 and V40 Cross Country bodies, the D4 Drive-E includes a 4-cylinder twin turbo diesel engine rated 190 PS (140 kW; 187 hp) and 400 N·m (295 lb·ft), a six-speed manual transmission tuned for improved fuel economy, pressure feedback from each fuel injector, reduced friction, and a smart valve solution on the cooling system for a more rapid heat-up phase after a cold start.
- Best Executive Hatch, at the Scottish Car of the Year awards in 2012, which was held in Glasgow, Scotland on 14 October 2012.
- Auto Express Safety Award 2013 held at Grand Connaught Rooms, London on 2 July 2013.
- Best Medium Family Car and 2013 Car of the Year by the motoring website Carsite.co.uk on 2 July 2013.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Volvo V40.|
- Hafriz Shah (20 August 2013). "Volvo V40 launched in Malaysia – RM174k to RM199k". paultan.org. Retrieved 23 May 2014.
- Volvo V40 unveiled ahead of Geneva Auto Show -- Autoweek (Retrieved 2012-02-22)
- "New Volvo V40". Autocar. 28 January 2012. Retrieved 28 February 2012.
- "Volvo V40 revealed". Auto Express. 28 February 2012. Retrieved 28 February 2012.
- "Volvo V40 platform". Auto Express. 28 February 2012. Retrieved 28 February 2012.
- "Volvo V40 updated platform". Autocar. 28 February 2012. Retrieved 28 February 2012.
- "Volvo V40 D2". Auto Express. 3 October 2012. Retrieved 9 January 2013.
- "Volvo V40 engines". carscoop. 28 February 2012. Retrieved 28 February 2012.
- "Volvo V40 Cross Country first drive review". Drive.com. Retrieved 24 September 2013.
- "2013 Volvo V40 Cross Country road test". Overdrive. Retrieved 24 September 2013.
- "Volvo V40 Cross Country lands". TopGear. Retrieved 24 September 2013.
- "Volvo V40 D2 Cross Country review (2013 onwards)". msn cars. Retrieved 24 September 2013.
- "Volvo launches V40 Cross Country at Rs 28.5 lakh". The Times of India. Retrieved 24 September 2013.
- Volvo V40 D4 with new Drive-E powertrains: The most powerful, lowest emission engine in its segment
- Volvo V40 D4 with Drive-E engine can be more efficient than a Toyota Prius
- "All-new Volvo V40 wins Auto Express Safety Award 2013". Capital FM Motors. Retrieved 24 September 2013.
- "Volvo V40 Takes Another Two Titles At Carsite.co.uk Awards". The Auto Channel. Retrieved 24 September 2013.
|« previous — Volvo Cars road car timeline, 1960s–present|
|Small family car||66||440/460|
|Large family car||Amazon/120/130||S60/V70||S60/V60|
|Sports saloon||242 GT||240 Turbo||850 T5/R||S70/V70 T5/R||S60/V70 T5||S60/V70 R|