||This article has an unclear citation style. (January 2014)|
|Origin||Atlanta, Georgia, United States|
|Genres||Indie, Alternative, Folk|
Von Grey is an American alternative folk band from Atlanta, Georgia. The band is composed of four sisters; Kathryn (19), Annika (17), Fiona (16) and Petra (13). Their self-titled EP, released in October 2012, was recorded with Grammy-winning producer/engineer Nick DiDia (Bruce Springsteen, Train, The Gaslight Anthem).
The sisters have played more than 200 shows, both headlining and as a support act for artists such as Sarah McLachlan. In 2012, they played a sold-out west coast tour with Lindsey Stirling, followed by an additional tour with Company of Thieves.
Von Grey made their network television debut in February 2013 on "The Late Show with David Letterman," followed by an appearance on "Rock Center with Brian Williams" in March 2013  and "Conan" on April 2, 2013.
"We are so grateful for it all," adds Fiona. "We have been honored to receive overwhelming support form so many directions. There are moments like when you hear the words 'von Grey' coming out of David Letterman's mouth- that makes it easy to take things for granted and forget how fortunate you truly are to be in those situations. We're really focused on trying to stay engaged and making sure that we are taking everything in,enjoying the moment, and actively appreciating the opportunities that come our way."
Von Grey's first Ep von Grey was released on October 2, 2012. The EP was written by Von Grey themselves, capturing the essence of uniqueness, thoughtfulness, and authenticity. The EP was produced by Nika Dida and Ritchie Rubini. It was also recorded and mixed by Nick DiDia and TJ Elias at the Quary in Atlanta,GA. The percussion was played by Ritchie Rubini. The second album Von Grey released was the Live at Criminal Records 01.01.13. The album was released on April 20, 2013 and recorded live on January 1, 2013 at Criminal Records in Atlanta, GA. It was originally released on vinyl in celebration of Record Store Day 2013. The most recent album Von Grey released was Awakening. Awakening was released on January 21, 2014. The album was produced and by Rick Beato, recorded and mixed by Rick Beato and Ken Lanyon, mastered by Ken Lanyon, and recorded at Rick's World Productions.
- Rob Nagy, "The Times Herald", January 25, 2013, "http://www.timesherald.com/article/20130125/ENTERTAINMENT01/130129738/von-grey-band-returns-to-world-caf-live-on-the-heels-of-new-release", March 29, 2013
- "Late Show with David Letterman," February 19, 2013, "http://www.cbs.com/shows/late_show/video/10LbmN_nEMzCSCmdoutuTnBfo_xgqkVK/von-grey-coming-for-you-," March 29, 2013
- Kate Snow, "NBC Rock Center with Brian Williams, March 15, 2013, "http://www.nbcnews.com/video/rock-center/51200400#51200400", March 29, 2013
- "Conan", April 2, 2013, "http://teamcoco.com/schedule"< March 29, 2013
- "Von Grey to release new studio LP". Von Grey Official Website.