|Associated acts||The Fall
Mouse on Mars
|Members||Mark E. Smith
Jan St. Werner
The three first collaborated on a 2004 12" double A-side entitled "Wipe that Sound"/"Cut the Gain", which was released on the Sonig label. This was followed by a full-length album, Tromatic Reflexxions, released on Domino Records in 2007, with two singles being drawn from the album.
The collaboration might seem unlikely in that the artists are from two very different musical genres. It has drawn comparisons to John Lydon's collaboration with Leftfield on the track "Open Up", which is similar in spirit, if not in sound.
Von Südenfed have been compared to LCD Soundsystem in reviews; Mark E. Smith expressed displeasure at this comparison in interviews, and drew attention to the fact that LCD Soundsystem are heavily influenced by The Fall.
In December 2007, Mark E. Smith advised The Fall online website that he had been "sacked" in a statement defending the cancellation of two December 2007 shows due to illness. However, the group have performed since and Smith has indicated that a second album is probable.
- "Wipe That Sound" 12" single (as "Mouse on Mars feat. Mark E. Smith") (2004)
- "Fledermaus Can't Get It" 12" single (2007)
- Tromatic Reflexxions CD/LP (2007)
- "The Rhinohead" b/w "Slow Down Ronnie" 12" single (2007)
- Domino Records: Von Südenfed
- MySpace: Von Südenfed
- Chemical Party on YouTube, a video clip promoting science research in the EU with music from Von Südenfed ("Fledermaus Can't Get It")
|This article on a United Kingdom electronic music band is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|