Von Trapp Children
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2008)|
|Von Trapp Children|
|Genres||Folk, classical, religious|
|Labels||Rattlesby Records VTJams Media|
The Von Trapps (formerly Von Trapp Children) are a musical group made up of August (formerly Justin), Amanda, Melanie, and Sofia von Trapp, descendants of the Trapp Family Singers. They are the grandchildren of Werner von Trapp (1915–2007) and great-grandchildren of Georg Ritter von Trapp and his first wife, Agathe Whitehead, and the step-great-grandchildren of Maria von Trapp, Georg's second wife.
The Von Trapp Children began their singing career after performing in the play The Sound of Music in 1997. Since then they have been touring in the United States and other countries. They have sung on several occasions with the Boston Pops, Atlanta, Detroit, Cincinnati, Philadelphia, Baltimore, and Indianapolis Symphonies. They frequently perform with Pink Martini band and their album with the band called Dream a Little Dream was released on March 4, 2014.
The Von Trapp Children have appeared on The Oprah Winfrey Show, The View, Jack Hanna's Into The Wild, The Today Show, Good Morning America, and 19 Kids and Counting.
- The Von Trapp Children, vol. 1
- Christmas with the Von Trapp Children
- The Von Trapp Children, vol. 2
- A Cappella
- Live in Concert (DVD)
- Dream a Little Dream
As featured artist
- "Werner von Trapp, a Son in ‘Sound of Music’ Family, Dies at 91". Associated Press in New York Times. October 15, 2007. Retrieved 2009-01-05. "Werner von Trapp, a member of the family made famous by the stage musical and the 1965 movie 'The Sound of Music,' died Thursday at his home in Waitsfield, Vt. He was 91."
- "27th Annual Young Artist Awards - Nominations/Special Awards".