Vook is a New York-based company that publishes digital books that combine text, video, links to the internet and social media into singular applications available both online and as mobile applications. Vook was founded by serial Internet entrepreneur Bradley Inman and was announced in April 2009.
Vook officially launched October 1, 2009 with four debut titles, published in partnership with Atria, an imprint of Simon and Schuster: Promises, a romance by Jude Deveraux; The 90 Second Fitness Solution, a fitness book by Pete Cerqua; Embassy, a thriller by Richard Doetsch; and Return to Beauty, a health book by Narine Nikogosian.
In 2010, Vook, in partnership with NBC Universal and Perseus Books, launched JFK: 50 Days, an interactive eBook, and the Video Guide series of eBooks, among other apps and eBooks.
In 2011, Vook launched several new series of titles, including TextVook (animated eBooks and apps on academic subjects) and Brief Histories (historical overviews of popular subjects enhanced with video and text), in partnership with Charles River Editors.
Vook partnered with ABC News to create several enhanced eBooks, including A Modern Fairy Tale: William, Kate, and Three Generations of Royal Love, TARGET: Bin Laden – The Life and Death of Public Enemy Number One, and The Amanda Knox Story.
in 2012, Vook launched an easy-to-use platform for ebook creation and publishing, The platform includes management of multiple titles, a WYSIWYG editor, meta data, media management, and push button publishing to multiple ebook stores.
In January 2010 Vook raised $2.5 million in seed financing from a group of prominent Silicon Valley and New York investors including Ron Conway, Michael Maples and Kenneth Lerer. In December 2010, Vook raised $5.25 million in Series A financing. Investors in this round included VantagePoint Venture Partners and FLOODGATE.
Vook's investors  include:
- VantagePoint Venture Partners is a venture capital firm based in San Bruno, California. Richard Harroch, Managing Director and Head of M&A, is a member of the board of directors of Vook.
- FLOODGATE is a venture capital firm based in Menlo Park, California, and was founded by Mike Maples Jr. Mr. Maples is a member of the board of directors of Vook.
- Ronald Conway has been an active angel investor for over 15 years. He was the Founder and Managing Partner of the Angel Investors LP funds (1998-2005).
- Founder Collective is a seed-stage venture capital fund based in New York City and Cambridge and was founded by Zach Klein, Micah Rosenbloom, Chris Dixon, Caterina Fake, and Bill Trenchard.
- Lerer Ventures is a seed stage venture capital fund based in New York City and was founded by Kenneth Lerer.
- Baseline Ventures is a seed-stage capital firm based in San Francisco California and was founded by Steve Anderson.
- Rich, Motoko (September 30, 2009). "Curling Up With Hybrid Books, Videos Included". The New York Times.
- Stone, Brad (April 4, 2009). "Is This the Future of the Digital Book?". The New York Times.
- Plesser, Andy (September 30, 2009). "Video: Simon & Schuster Authors on "Game-Changing" Platform for Digital Book/Video Hybrid with a new "Vook"". The Huffington Post.
- JFK: 50 Days
- A Modern Fairy Tale: William, Kate, and Three Generations of Royal Love iTunes Store
- TARGET: Bin Laden – The Life and Death of Public Enemy Number One iTunes Store
- The Amanda Knox Story iTunes Store
- Vook, an E-Book Start-Up, Raises $2.5 Million
- Vook Funding
- Digital Publisher Vook Closes $5.25 Million Financing
- Vook Investor List