Voom HD International
|This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (April 2009)|
- For the American parent company, see Voom HD Networks.
|Voom HD International|
|Owned by||Rainbow Media|
A deal between Rainbow Networks and the Stockholm-based company NonStop Television was made in 2006 that would allow NonStop to distribute the channel in Scandinavia, Finland, Iceland and the Baltic states. The channel was launched in Sweden by satellite distributor Canal Digital on November 1. This was soon followed by launched in Denmark, Norway, Finland, Estonia and Latvia on various providers. The channel is managed by Scandinavian television broadcaster NonStop Television, part of Turner Broadcasting System, TBS, Inc., which merged with Time Warner in 1996, and now operates as a semi-autonomous unit of Time Warner.
In much of the rest of Europe, Africa, the Middle East and parts of Asia the channel is represented by Zonemedia. In April 2007, they launched the channel in the Arab World via the Orbit platform.
- "About VOOM HD". Retrieved 2009-04-01.
- "NonStop Television offers HD Channel in Scandinavia and the Baltics" (Press release). NonStop Television. October 9, 2006.
- "HD channel VOOM HD launches in Scandinavia tonight" (Press release). NonStop Television. October 31, 2006.
- "NonStop Television Scores 6 Territories in 5 Months for VOOM HD Channel" (Press release). NonStop Television. April 18, 2007.
- "RAINBOW MEDIA EXPANDS GLOBAL REACH OF NEW VOOM HD CHANNEL WITH ZONEMEDIA REPRESENTATION DEAL" (Press release). Zonemedia. October 30, 2006.
- "VOOM HD CHANNEL TO LAUNCH IN MIDDLE EAST" (Press release). Zonemedia. April 16, 2007.
- "VOOM HD stopt in geheel Europa". Totaal TV. August 27, 2009.
- "Voom HD:sta Rush HD". Canal Digital. June 16, 2009.
- "New channels on Austria’s UPC". Rapid TV News. August 31, 2009.
- "Czech debut for Rush HD". broadbandtvnews. August 26, 2009.