Vox (blogging platform)
|Type of site||Blogging service|
|Launched||October 26, 2006|
|Alexa rank||376,375 (December 2013[update])|
|Current status||Closed September 30, 2010|
The service claimed to be more streamlined and easier-to-use than other blogging tools available. Its design had features often associated with the Web 2.0 trend. The service was more focused on social networking features than other blogging platforms. Such features included the ability to set permissions on who is able to view each post and a friends list on the sidebar.
On September 2, 2010, Six Apart announced Vox would be closed permanently by the end of the month, providing export tools to their TypePad blogging platform and to Flickr. New content could be posted to the service until September 15, 2010, and it closed permanently on September 30, 2010.
Some of Vox's features include:
- Picking of predefined designs
- Uploading videos
- Control over which posts are available to the public
- Linking of content from other sites, such as YouTube, Flickr, iStockphoto, Photobucket, iFilm, etc.
- Ability to create your own banners, thus customizing the blog further.
- Community-oriented components, such as QotD (Question of the Day) posts.
|This article about a blog, vlog, or other Internet publication is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|