|This article may rely excessively on sources too closely associated with the subject, preventing the article from being verifiable and neutral. (March 2012)|
Itay Rosenfeld, CEO
|Products||VoxDID, Vox800, VoxSMS, VoxFAX and VoxOUT|
Voxbone is a company that provides worldwide geographical, mobile and toll-free telephone numbers for direct inward dialing (also known as DID numbers or inbound SIP trunks). The company delivers its services to customers globally using a private MPLS data network core network that connects to local PSTN telephone networks in over 50 countries.. With its service, Voxbone connects cloud communications providers to telephone networks and allows multinational enterprises and telecommunications operators to extend the international reach of their voice networks.
Voxbone was founded in Brussels, Belgium, in 2003 by Rodrigue Ullens and François Strumann as Voxbone SA/NV.. They believed that the globalization of economies and increasing international mobility of people would lead to a strong demand in telephone numbers and SIP trunks from foreign countries.
VoxDID and Vox800: Voxbone’s geographic, non-geographic and toll-free telephone numbers for inbound SIP Trunking, connecting the local public switched telephone network (PSTN) with a global IP backbone in more than 50 countries.
VoxOUT enables outgoing calls to emergency services for VoxDID phone numbers.
Voice calls, faxes and text messages sent to Voxbone phone numbers are collected from local fixed or mobile telephone networks around the world and are converted to VoIP (SIP) by a VoIP/media gateway. Calls are then routed via redundant IP links to the nearest Voxbone SuperPOP in Brussels, New York, Los Angeles, Frankfurt or Hong Kong. From there, they are transported to the customer's IPPBX or service platform, anywhere in the world over the Internet or a private interconnection.
Voxbone serves more than 850 customers including global telecom operators, cloud communications providers, contact centers as well as large corporations. References include Telefonica, Deutsche Telekom, NTT Communications,Skype,8x8 Inc.,Ringcentral, Voxeo, inContact, Capgemini and Sandvik.
+888 – In 2011, under agreement with the United Nations Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA), Voxbone was authorized to implement the country code +888 that the ITU assigned to OCHA for UN agencies engaged in rendering assistance to nations or regions affected by natural disasters.
- 2012 - European Business Awards National Champion
- 2011 – Deloitte Technology Fast 50 Benelux
- 2011 and 2010 – Global Telecoms Business 40 under 40
- 2010 and 2008 – Internet Telephony Product of the Year Award
- 2010 – Red Herring Global 100 award
- 2010 – Inaugural Bully Award
- 2010 – Deloitte Technology Fast 500 EMEA 2010 Winner
- 2008 – ITSPA Award
- 2005 – Internet Telephony VoIP Service Provider Award
- Voxbone – official website
- iNum.net – official website
- OCHA – official website
- United Nations - OCHA (country code +888) – International Telecommunication Union (ITU)
- Voxbone SA (country code +883 5100) – International Telecommunication Union (ITU)
- "About Voxbone".
- "VoIP Network".
- "Belgian Federal Government's company database - French interface".
- "ITU http://www.itu.int/oth/T02020000F3/en".
- "ITU http://www.itu.int/oth/T02020000FA/en".
- "European Business Awards National Champions".
- "Deloitte Technology Fast 50 Benelux".
- "Global Telecoms Business 40 under 40".
- "Internet Telephony Product of the Year Award".
- "Red Herring Global 100 award".
- "Inaugural Bully Award".
- "Internet Telephony VoIP Service Provider Award".