Location in Monroe County and the state of Alabama
|• Total||1.5 sq mi (3.9 km2)|
|• Land||1.5 sq mi (3.9 km2)|
|• Water||0 sq mi (0 km2)|
|Elevation||151 ft (46 m)|
|• Density||207/sq mi (80.0/km2)|
|Time zone||Central (CST) (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|GNIS feature ID||0128479|
Vredenburgh is located at .(31.826518, -87.320686)
As of the census of 2000, there were 327 people, 98 households, and 81 families residing in the town. The population density was 217.4 people per square mile (84.2/km²). There were 120 housing units at an average density of 79.8 per square mile (30.9/km²). The racial makeup of the town was 10.70% White, 88.99% Black or African American, and 0.31% from two or more races.
There were 98 households out of which 41.8% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 38.8% were married couples living together, 37.8% had a female householder with no husband present, and 17.3% were non-families. 15.3% of all households were made up of individuals and 5.1% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 3.34 and the average family size was 3.72.
In the town the population was spread out with 37.6% under the age of 18, 10.7% from 18 to 24, 26.3% from 25 to 44, 17.1% from 45 to 64, and 8.3% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 28 years. For every 100 females there were 78.7 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 67.2 males.
The median income for a household in the town was $27,321, and the median income for a family was $27,917. Males had a median income of $26,500 versus $10,833 for females. The per capita income for the town was $5,892. About 27.7% of families and 31.0% of the population were below the poverty line, including 35.3% of those under age 18 and 30.4% of those age 65 or over.
- Moses Denson, former professional football player
- John Drew, member of the Atlanta Hawks for nearly eight years.
- Mike Stewart, author of mystery/suspense novels set primarily in the South
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Vredenburgh town, Alabama". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved February 1, 2013.
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.