From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Vries (Drenthe))
Romaanse Sint-Bonifatiuskerk van Vries
The town centre (dark green) and the statistical district (light green) of Vries in the municipality of Tynaarlo.
|Population (31 December 2009)|
|Time zone||CET (UTC+1)|
|• Summer (DST)||CEST (UTC+2)|
In 2001, the town of Vries had 4002 inhabitants. The built-up area of the town was 1.6 km², and contained 1605 residences. The statistical area "Vries", which also can include the surrounding countryside, has a population of around 4500.
- Ad van der Meer and Onno Boonstra, "Repertorium van Nederlandse gemeenten", KNAW, 2006. 
- Statistics Netherlands (CBS), Bevolkingskernen in Nederland 2001. (Statistics are for the continuous built-up area).
- Statistics Netherlands (CBS), Statline: Kerncijfers wijken en buurten 2003-2005. As of 1 January 2005.
- J. Kuyper, Gemeente Atlas van Nederland, 1865-1870, "Vries". Map of the former municipality in 1868.
- Website of the Historical Association of Vries (in Dutch)
- Search the municipality archieves of Vries from 1851 till 1900 (all in Dutch)
|This Drenthe location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|