|Developer(s)||e-on software, inc.|
|Stable release||11 / November 08, 2012|
|Operating system||Windows, Mac OS X|
|Type||3D computer graphics|
Vue is a 3D scenery generator software package. It is used for the creation, animation, and rendering of natural 3D environments. It particularly excels at outdoor landscapes and is used by many top visual effects studios for this purpose. For example, Industrial Light & Magic used it to make backgrounds for the movies Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skull and Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest, and DreamWorks Animation used it in the 2008 film Kung Fu Panda.
Vue is available in six versions: xStream, Infinite, Complete, Pro Studio, Esprit, and Pioneer. xStream and Infinite have the same feature set, but Infinite is a standalone program, while xStream is designed to be used from within 3ds Max, Cinema 4D, LightWave, Maya, and Softimage. The rest are standalone programs with progressively-reduced feature sets.
Vue's atmospheric engine is available separately as Ozone. E-on offers Personal Learning Editions of xStream, Infinite, and Ozone. They are fully functional, but are restricted to non-commercial use and all renders carry a watermark.
- Blue Sky Studios
- Digital Domain
- DreamWorks Animation: Kung Fu Panda
- Industrial Light & Magic: Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, Pirates Of The Caribbean: Dead Man’s Chest
- Sony Pictures Imageworks
- Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment
- Weta Digital
- Digital Blasphemy
- "E-on Products - Solutions for 3D Environments".
- "Ozone 4.0 - Atmospheres That Come Alive".
- "Vue "Summer 2008 Blockbuster" Roundup" (Press release).
- "Vue Helps Industrial Light & Magic Create Environments for "Pirates Of The Caribbean: Dead Man’s Chest" VFX" (Press release).
- "E-on Software - Customers".