Vũng Tàu Port
|Vung Tau Port|
Vung Tau port includes the following component ports:
- Cai Mep - Thi Vai Port, Sao Mai-Ben Dinh: This is the main port for container transport until 2020. Currently, the port is capable of receiving ships up to 50,000 DWT. The Vietnamese government is developing this port so that by 2015 this port can handle ships of 100,000 DWT.
- Ports of Phu My, My Xuan: a general port, a container port capable of receiving ships up to 30,000 DWT. As planned by the government of Vietnam, this port will be capable of receiving ships up to 80,000 DWT.
- Port on Dinh river: is capable of receiving ships up to 20,000 DWT, and will be capable to handle ships up to 30,000 DWT.
- Port of Ben Dam, Con Dao Island.
According to the approved plan, from now to 2020, two more harbors will be built, one is the Long Son Port serving the oil refinery, the other is Sao Mai-Ben Dinh serving passenger transportation.
National Route 51 will connect Cai Mep - Thi Vai Port to Ho Chi Minh City and the manufacturing centres in Đồng Nai Province and Bình Dương Province. However, as of December 2011 it is still under construction. As a result, goods still have to be shipped by barge from Ho Chi Minh City to Vung Tau.
- Quyết định số 2190/QĐ-TTg ngày 24 tháng 12 năm 2009 của Chính phủ Việt Nam về việc phê duyệt quy hoạch hệ thống cảng biển Việt Nam đến năm 2020, tầm nhìn đến năm 2030 (Decision 2190/QĐ-TTg dated 24 December 2009 by the Vietnamese government on approval of port system in Vietnam til 2020, with vision to 2030) (Vietnamese)
- "Cụm cảng Cái Mép-Thị Vải: thừa cảng, thiếu hàng". The Saigon Times. 2011-12-04. Retrieved 2011-12-09.
Phu My Portis a deep-water port able to accommodate ships ranging between 40,000 and 60,000dwt.Phu My is a commercial port with nothing nearby. A shuttle may be provided to the small town of Ba Ria where you can take a taxi to a larger city like Vung Tau. The best way to get to Ho Chi Minh City is either with the ship's or private tour. Transfer from Phu My Port to Ho Chi Minh (Your Local Booking)