Kaftan's short story "Civilisation" is included in Farah Mendlesohn's anthology Glorifying Terrorism, and several of her other speculative fiction flash and short stories have also been published. Her short story I'm Alive, I Love You, I'll See You In Reno, published in the June 2010 issue of Lightspeed Magazine, was a nominee for the 2010 Nebula Award for Best Short Story.
Her novella "The Weight of the Sunrise," published in the February 2013 issue of Asimov's Science Fiction, won the 2013 Nebula Award for Best Novella and is a nominee for the 2014 Theodore Sturgeon Award and the Sidewise Award.
See also the list of Stories on her website, with links.
|Title||Year||First published in||Reprinted in|
|Lion dance||2012||Asimov's Science Fiction 36/10&11 (Oct/Nov 2012)|
- "SFWA announces the 2010 Nebula Award Nominees". Science Fiction & Fantasy Writers of America. 2011-02-22. Retrieved 2014-02-25.
- "2013 Nebula Nominees Announced". Science Fiction & Fantasy Writers of America. Retrieved 2014-02-25.
- "2014 Sidewise Award Finalists". Locus. 2014-06-06. Retrieved 2014-06-06.
- Vylar Kaftan official website
- Feminist SF Wiki entry for Vylar Kaftan
- Vylar Kaftan at the Internet Speculative Fiction Database
|This article about a science fiction writer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|