View of Vynnyky.
|Municipal Raion||Lychakiv Raion of Lviv|
|• Total||6.7 km2 (2.6 sq mi)|
|• Density||2,037.91/km2 (5,278.2/sq mi)|
The city is part of Lviv-city municipality and is part of Lychakiv Raion of Lviv city.
Since the mid-14th century, until the Partitions of Poland, Vynnyky, called in Polish Winniki, belonged to Ruthenian Voivodeship, Kingdom of Poland. From 1772-1918, it was part of Austrian Galicia, and in the interbellum period, the town returned to Poland, as part of Lwow Voivodeship. In 1925 the population of the city accounted for 6000 residents out which 3300 were Polish, 2150 - Ruthenians, 350 - Jewish, and 200 - Germans.
People from Vynnyky
- Myron Markevych — Ukrainian football manager
- Antoni Laub - Polish painter
- Robert Reyman - general of the Polish Army
- Jerzy Rosolowicz - Polish painter
Twin towns - sister cities
Vynnyky is twinned with:
- "Partnerstwo Samorządów Siłą Europy". Europa Miast (in Polish). Retrieved 2013-08-13.
|This article about a location in Lviv Oblast is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|