First row from the left: Anusiak, Konieczko, Maślana and Czesio. Second for: School nurse and Ms. Frał
|Directed by||Bartosz Kędzierski|
|Voices of||Krzysztof Kulesza
|Country of origin||Poland|
|No. of seasons||10|
|No. of episodes||127 + 2 specials + feature film (List of episodes)|
|Running time||22 minutes approx.|
|Original airing||14 November 2006|
Włatcy móch (Polish pronunciation: [ˈvwat.t͡sɨ ˈmux]) is a Polish adult animated comedy series, which had been on the Polish TV channel TV4 between November 2006 and December 2010. The title is a misspelled version of "Władcy much" meaning "The Lords of Flies" and derives from William Golding's novel Lord of the Flies. The plot of the story revolves around four 8-year-old boys in the second grade of elementary school: Anusiak, Konieczko, Maślana, and Czesio. The director and writer of the show is Bartek Kędzierski. He also dubs one of characters - Czesio. The show has a total of 127 regular and 2 special episodes. An entire movie that features the four boys has also been made. The Comedy won Świry 2008 award in category "TV Series".
- Czesio - is a zombie. He lives at the cemetery with 2 friends, Marcel and The Colonel. He wants to become a singer of Gorzkie żale (in Czesio's meaning, old, sad Church chants). He had such serious and numerous developmental and genetic disabilities before death, that it was only after the death, when he was able to function normally. He's extremely polite and kind, but also very naïve. He can eat literally everything, without limits in quantity. His IQ was estimated at 70.
- Anusiak - (in the episode "Nazywam się Anusiak," he's also called Odbyciak - odbyt is Polish for anus) the strongest and rudest of the group. He always sniffs because he has allergies. His father is a member of a peasant political party (probably Samoobrona) and is a Sejm member - which is reflected in Anusiak's political aspirations. He wants to create a large populist party that would one day rule the world, with himself as the leader. Due to his fathers' example, he is skilled at writing and delivering appealing (populist) speeches. He always receives socks as his Christmas present. His IQ was estimated at 50.
- Maślana - (Buttermilk) sometimes called Moczowód (Polish for ureter) the richest and most cunning and sneaky of the group. He wants to be the President of the World Bank. He wore a diaper in thr episode Mokre Sny ("Wet Dreams). On his 8th birthday, his wealthy parents gave him a golden credit card. His top rated value is money, but he is also quite religious at the same time, and is very afraid of the Satan. His IQ was estimated at 130.
- Konieczko - (Necessary) a genius, similar to Dexter. He likes to experiment on animals, especially using explosives. He claims to be an Atheist. He wants to become the President of the Nobel Foundation. His IQ was estimated 153 - the highest in his class.
- Ms. Frał - (the name Frał comes from the German die Frau, meaning woman, lady). Also called "the old bag" or "Gal/Dudette" by the main four. She is the teacher of class IIB, to which belong the four boys. She is an old spinster and is still a virgin. Religiously devoted (in a very old-fashioned sense), she is very demanding and does not like the main characters, and does not refrain from insulting them frequently. She also speaks with an Eastern Polish accent.
- The school nurse/the Hygienist - does not have children, and therefore she loves all the children in the school, especially the main four. After the death of Marcel, her husband, she becomes interested in blues, but she is also interested and prolific in practically every kind of music. She also enjoys the reggae culture and smokes marijuana at times.
- Andżelika - is a classmate of the main characters. She came from the USA. She is 3 years older than the other students, but attends the same class due to the educational differences between Poland and the USA. The boys don't like her and vice versa. In episode Andżelika, she was going out with Anusiak, Konieczko, and Maślana all at once, only to dump them the next day to go after Czesio. However, Czesio doesn't like her because she doesn't have a penis. Her IQ was estimated 140. Her father is from Texas. She often uses English words along with Polish.
- Marcel - a zombie. He was the nurse's husband. He committed suicide by jumping from the bridge, and therefore can't get into heaven. He lives at the cemetery and is the neighbor and friend of Czesio.
- Pułkownik (The colonel) - also a zombie. He lives at the cemetery near Marcel, and another one of Czesio's friends. He fought in the Home Army and, according to other information, in Józef Piłsudski's legion during World War I. He is known for his strong anticommunist views and dislike toward police. Some of his friends, fellow zombie Home Army veterans, are still living in an underground since the Warsaw uprising, where he visit them.
- Miś Przekliniak (The Swearing Bear) - Czesio's plush teddy. It is alive and swears a lot. It also helps Czesio when he is in trouble, along with the rest of the gang.
- The Homeless - sleeps rough and collects garbage. He mumbles a lot and never speaks intelligibly.
- The Bus Driver - a Satanist. He performs black Sabbaths at the cemetery. His IQ was estimated 66.6. It depressed Anusiak, because his IQ is even lower.
- The Priest - allergic to caffeine. He is a dead ringer for Tadeusz Rydzyk.
- The Nun - a religious education teacher. She looks and behaves exactly like Miss Frau, except she has a different accent.
- Mariola Wasilak - a TV journalist, who has won an Oscar for a report on Polish children at an annual potato lifting contest.
- Rambo - Maślana's dog, appears in only one episode.
- Zajkowski - the main characters' classmate. He often visits the ladies room because the main characters hate him and often bully him (especially Anusiak). He has fallen in love with Andżelika. Anusiak always beats him up, and in one of the episodes, Konieczko killed him. His IQ was estimated 100.
- Karolina - Andżelika's best friend, also said to be a slut in one of the episode's.
List of episodes (titles from any mistakes)
- 01. Karta Maślany (on DVD: Debet Maślany) - Maślana's Card (on DVD: Maślana's debt)
- 02. Nazywam się Anusiak - My Name is Anusiak
- 03. Order dla Maślany - Order for Maślana
- 04. Wójek Alfred - Uncle Alfred
- 05. Piersza komunja - First Communion
- 06. Andżelika - Angelica
- 07. Wiedźma Shigella - Shigella the Witch
- 08. Higieniczny blues - Hygenic Blues
- 09. Pranie mózgów - Brainwashing
- 10. Korzóh, mleczarka i korek do rzaby - Milk skin, Milkwoman, and the Frog Plug
- 11. Ałtobus i suwenira - The Bus and the Souvenir
- 12. Muzełum - The Museum
- 13. Mikołajki - Saint Nicholas Day
- 14. Wykopki - Potato Lifting
- 15. Karnawau - Carnival
- 16. Romek i jego Fred - Romek and his Fred
- 17. Maksymalna kontrola - Full Control
- 18. Radyjko Babci - Grandma's Radio
- 19. Druch Boróh - Boróh the Scout
- 20. Barbakiu z Mruczusiem - Barbecue with Mruczuś
- 21. Miś Przekliniak - The Swearing Bear
- 22. Za kólisami - Behind the Scenes
- 23. Pozytywna wibracja - Positive Vibration
- 24. Memęto Mori - Memento Mori
- 25. Próhnica - The Rot
- 26. Pszypadek Czesława - Czesław's (Czesio's) Case
- 27. Móndial - The World Cup
- 28. Prawda ekranu - TV's Truth
- 29. Motorynka i myszykiszki - The Motorbike and Mouseguts
- 30. Fluder - Fluder
- 31. Kosmata Demokrancja - Shaggy Democracy
- 32. Gigant - Giant (actually "A Run Away")*
- 33. Ekskumancja - Exhumation
- 34. Czech, Cześ i Brambor - Czech, Cześ and Brambor
- 35. Deszcze niespokojne - The Anxious Rains
- 36. Szczypionka dla Frycka - Vaccine for Frycek
- 37. Kompu-kompu - Washy-Wash
- 38. Piure dla słonia - Purée for the Elephant
- 39. Jasełki - Nativity Play
- 40. Pochót - The Parade
- 41. Mel - Bogey
- 42. Kólik z Próchem- Sleigh Ride with Próch
- 43. Krfawy wtorek - Bloody Tuesday
- 44. Gangsta-Dewasta - Gangster's Paradise
- 45. Pździoszczoła i test z majzy - Bee and Class Math Test
- 46. Mokre sny I - Wet Dreams I
- 47. Mokre sny II - Wet Dreams II
- 48. Bapki z piahu - The Sandcastles
- 49. Styl Brusliego - Bruce Lee's Style
- 50. Moc Dzikih Małp - Power of Wild Monkeys
- 51. Kanau - Canal
- 52. Egzekócja - Execution
- 53. Ałtomat - The Vending Machine
- 54. Broń bjologiczna - Biological Weapon
- 55. Dzjeń dzjecka - Children's Day
- 56. Śmiercicha i cóksy - Death and Candy
- 57. Chłopacy czy maczo? - Boys or Machos?
- 58. Olimiada nałukowa - The Science Contest
- 59. Tajne Oszcze Samuraja - The Secret Samurai Blade
- 60. Zieluna Haluna - Green Hallucination
- 61. Hłopaki Strażaki - Boys - Firemen
- 62. Wprowadzenie Jełro - Introduction of Euro
- 63. Bódowa, Placek i Splówa - Building, Pie, and Gun
- 64. Miszczu Makratury - Master of Paper Recycling
- 65. Festyn - The Fair
- 66. Wioha - The Country
- 67. Óczucie wyszsze - Affection
- 68. Zemsta Zajjo - Zajjo's revenge
- 69. Noc rzywyh trupóf - The Night of the Living Dead
- 70. Boże Halo - Divine Hello
- 71. Kreha Rzycia - The Curve of Life
- 72. Pszesóhanie - The Hearing
- 73. Czarny pijar paparaczi - The Black PR of Paparazzi
- 74. Jistny Cyrk - Stark Circus
- 75. Letkoatletyka - The Athletics
- 76. Chjóston, ja pierdziu! - Houston, oh Damn!
- 77. Klasowa Wiligila - Class Christmas Eve
- 78. Wizytancja - The Visitation
- 79. Rzułta koszulka i śrubowkręt - Yellow T-shirt and a Screwdriver
- 80. Łospa Wieczna - Chickenpox
- 81. Żenadera bochatera - The Awkward Hero
- 82. Zima w Mieśdzie - Winter in the City
- 83. Lodowiho - The Ice Rink
- 84. Ksionszka moim pszyjacielem - The Book Is My Friend
- 85. Magiczne moce - The Magical Powers
- 86. Ódópieni - Screwed
- 87. Chłopacy placu broniom - The Boys Are Defending The Playground
- 88. Cód motoryzancji - The Miracle of Automation
- 89. Pedałuwa - The Pedaling
- 90. Matka bosa - The Barefoot Mother Mary
- 91. Bekana Prohibincja - The Burped Prohibition
- 92. Reis - The Cruise
- 93. Ani Siór Siór - No Urine At All
- 94. Kurde - Damn
- 95. Pokóta - The Penance
- 96. Zwieżontko - The Pet
- 97. Hore Mięho - Infected Meat
- 98. Nie jestem cyfrom - I Am Not Number
- 99. Bonczek - A Little Top
- 100. WU WU WU Maupa w zoo - Www Monkey at the Zoo
- 101. Zmiana Warty - Change of the Guard
- 102. Resocjalizancja jusz - Re-socialization Right Now
- 103. Cókier krzepi - Sugar Builds Up
- 104. Klócz bocianuf - Storks' Key
- 105. Rzeński pierwiosnek - Female Element
- 106. Nokałt - Knockout
- 107. Gwuść do trómny - The Nail for the Coffin
- 108. Spiekua rodem - From Hell
- 109. Małamysza - A Small Mouse
- 110. Mokra robota - Wet Job
- 111. Rzelazna kjerownica - Iron Wheel
- 112. Czerwony gózik - A Red Button
- 113. Mrófczy trut - Ants' Hardship
- 114. Farmagedon - Farmageddon
- 115. Hur wójuf - A Choir of Uncles
- 116. Ó źródła - At the Source
- 117. Móżynek Bambo - Black Boy Bambo
- 118 Paragon Czasowy - A Timely Receipt
- 119 Dyrzór - The Duty
- 120 Muj Tata - My Dad
- 121 Chydro za gatka - A Hydro Maze
- 122 Choć, pokarzem Ci znaczki - Come, I'll Show You Post Stamps
- 123 Fikcja życia - The Fiction of Life
- 124 Du ju spik inglisz - Do You Speak English?
- 125 Wajha bespieczeństfa - A Safety Lever
- 126 SKO, flamaster i dom strachów - The School Savings Cashbox, A Marker, and the Haunted House
- 127 Dzień lotnika - Pilot's Day
- S01. Najlepsiejsze debestofy sezon I - The very best of season I
- S02. Najlepsiejsze debestofy sezon II - The very best of season II
- F01. Włatcy móch:Ćmoki, czopki i mondzioły - Lord of the flies: Chuckes, Suppositories and Idiots
Interesting sections of The ruler of flies
- The 32nd episode's title "Gigant" is ambiguous. Though the semantic meaning is simply "a giant", the term has an associative meaning in Polish slang wherein it signifies "a run-away". It is the latter that is most likely the intended meaning of the authors.
- The 66th episode's title is "Wioha" - it's a pejorative term for Village.
- The 76th episode's title is "Chjóston, ja pierdziu"; Chjóston does mean Houston, and "ja pierdziu" is milder form from "ja pierdole" (oh fuck!)
- The 77th episode's title is "Klasowa Wigilia". Wigilia in English is Christmas Eve, and "Klasowa" is "Class".
- The 90th episode's title - "Matka bosa" - is a pun on "Matka Boska" - Mother of God.
- In the 105 episode's title, the word "pierwiosnek" can be read as primrose, but it's also a pun from word "pierwiastek" - element.
A lot of the titles have got intentional spelling mistakes in the Polish original, because Czesio is the narrator and has a way of misspelling words. Though these are mostly there for comic effect, they do expose some interesting redundancies in the Polish spelling system, which is riddled with traditional forms of spelling that no longer have a phonological basis. One should keep in mind that though the shows spellings are regarded as incorrect by language purists, they often reflect the actual pronunciation of the words in question. Some examples include:
"Próhnica" instead of "Próchnica" (meaning "tooth decay") etc. The diagraph "ch" represents a voicless velar fricative whereas the graph "h" is an obsolete spelling from Old Polish that used to stand for a voiced glottal fricative; today, this form of pronunciation is present only is certain dialects of Polish, most notably the dialect of Podhale.
"Móch" instead of "Much" (which is the plural, genitive of "mucha", meaning "fly"). In Polish there are two graphemes that realise the close back rounded vowel phoneme; this is a remnant from Old Polish phonology, where the diacritic-o (ó) was used to express a long close mid rounded vowel. Today this spelling variation is obsolete.
Additionally, several spelling mistakes arise from devoicing, such as "krfawy" instead of "krwawy", or allophonic processes, as in "ałtobus" instead of "autobus"("ł" is presently pronounced as a glide vowel, similar to the English "w", though until the end of World War II it used to be a velarised alveolar liquid, or so called "dark-l"; this is still audible in various Polish black and white films from that time, during which the English "belt" and Polish "bełt", meaning "crossbow bolt", would be pronounced all but identically).
Note however, that though most misspellings arise from true pronunciation, some derive from hyper-correction, i.e.: "Memęto Mori"
Włatcy Móch The Movie: Ćmoki, czopki i mondzioły - An animated feature length movie, which is scheduled to be released in Poland in February 2009. The movie will draw heavily from the series, though specific plot detailes are not known.
|2008||Festiwal Dobrego Humoru||TV Series||Special Prize|