6 June 1930|
|Died||1 December 1997
Nawsie, Czech Republic
|Occupation||Educator, poet, writer|
|Language||Polish, Cieszyn Silesian dialect|
|Notable works||Śpiywy zza Olzy,
He attended Polish elementary school in Gródek and later a Polish Gymnasium in Český Těšín where he expressed his interest about the poetry of Adam Mickiewicz. Młynek then worked as a teacher in Polish schools in Zaolzie - in Třinec, Hnojník, Milíkov, Bukovec and at Kamienity hill in the Beskids mountain range.
Młynek was an active member of several Polish organizations including the Stowarzyszenie Młodzieży Polskiej (Association of Polish Youth) and the PZKO (Polish Cultural and Educational Union) and was a chairman of the General Committee (ZG) of the PZKO from 1990 to 1993. He was also a member of many literary organizations and the editor-in-chief on Zwrot magazine from 1992 to 1993.
He wrote his poetry in literary Polish and also in Cieszyn Silesian dialect. His poetry often focuses on the life of the common people, mostly Gorols. Prose collection Śpiewające zbocza (Singing Slopes) is inspired by his teaching experience in a small mountain school at the Kamienity hill in the Beskids mountain range. Młynek maintained close relations with other Polish writers of Zaolzie of that time, mostly Paweł Kubisz and Adam Wawrosz.
His daughter Halina is a singer.
His works were part of following anthologies:
- Mrowisko (1964)
- Zaprosiny do stołu (1978)
- Słowa i krajobrazy (1980)
- Suita zaolziańska (1985)
- Na cieszyńskiej ziemi (1985)
- Zaproszenie do źródła (1987)
- Samosiewy (1988)
- Z biegiem Olzy (1990)
He published the following works:
- Śpiywy zza Olzy (1983) (poetry)
- Śpiewające zbocza (1989) (prose)
- Droga przez siebie (1992) (poetry)
- Kaszper, Kazimierz (May 2010). "Serce i rozum Zaolzia". Zwrot: 47.
- Bałon, Franciszek, ed. (2007). PZKO w roku 2007. Aneks do Leksykonu. Czeski Cieszyn: ZG PZKO. ISBN 978-80-254-0121-7.
- Kadłubiec, Daniel (April 2008). "Władysław Młynek". Zwrot: 40–41.
- Málková, Iva; Svatava Urbanová (2001). Literární slovník severní Moravy a Slezska (1945-2000). Olomouc: Votobia. ISBN 80-7198-515-5.
- Profile of Władysław Młynek in Zwrot 8/2007: 40.
- Sikora, Władysław (1993). Pisarze Zaolzia. Czeski Cieszyn: Wydawnictwo Olza przy Radzie Polaków. OCLC 233485106.
|Chairman of the ZG PZKO
|Editor-in-chief of Zwrot