W. J. Aitchison
|W. J. Aitchison, OMM, CD|
|Born||December 5, 1941|
|Occupation||Infantry Officer - Canadian Forces|
Colonel W. J. "Joe" Aitchison, OMM, CD (born December 5, 1941) is a retired Canadian military officer. He is also a security consultant and member of the board of directors of several organizations.  He received the 2008 J.J. Kelso Award from the Hastings Children's Aid Society for his work with the Ontario Association of Children's Aid Societies. 
Aitchison attended the Royal Military College of Canada and graduated with the class of 1963. Throughout Aitchison's career he held several command appointments, including being the Commanding Officer of 2nd Battalion of The RCR, Commandant of the Canadian Forces School of Infantry and Base Commander of CFB London, ON.
Aitchison has three sons, Warrant Officer Alan Aitchison, CD, Colonel Craig Aitchison, CD, and Daniel. Alan and Craig are both currently serving members of the Canadian Forces. Craig is also an officer in The Royal Canadian Regiment and also commanded the Infantry School (2009-11), perhaps the first father-son to command the same unit in the Regiment's, if not Army's, history.
Aitchison became the new Colonel of the Royal Canadian Regiment on February 25, 2011.
He currently resides in Southern Ontario.
- "20 Questions - The Young Officer". Royal Canadian Regiment. Retrieved February 13, 2011.
- "W.J. (Joe) Aitchison". OMERS Sponsors Corporation. Retrieved February 13, 2011.
- "Disclosure of contracts over $10,000". Public Safety Canada. Retrieved February 13, 2011.
- "HCAS Board of Directors present Joe Aitchison the J. J. Kelso Award for 2008 at Society’s 101st Annual General Meeting June 25". Hastings Children's Aid Society. June 25, 2008. Retrieved February 13, 2011.
- McVicar, W. Brice (June 24, 2008). "Residents lauded for years of giving back Province recognizes 90 local volunteers". The Intelligencer (Belleville, Ontario). Retrieved February 13, 2011.