|City of license||Toledo, Ohio|
|Broadcast area||Toledo, Ohio metropolitan area|
|Branding||100.7 The Zone|
|Slogan||Toledo's New Music Alternative|
|First air date||January 1997|
|Class||FX (FM translator)|
|Transmitter coordinates||Coordinates: (NAD83)|
|Callsign meaning||sequentially assigned|
|Former callsigns||W265CB (May–August 2010)
|Former frequencies||100.7 (1996–2010)
100.9 (April–July 2010)
(Cumulus Licensing LLC)
|Sister stations||WKKO, WLQR (AM)/WLQR-FM, WRQN, WMIM, WWWM-FM, WXKR|
W264AK is an FM translator licensed for Toledo, Ohio. It operates on 100.7 MHz at 82 watts as a translator for 94.5 WXKR, but carries an analog rebroadcast of the HD2 channel from WXKR's HD Radio subcarrier, in effect making the HD2 channel a terrestrial station in its own right. W264AK is branded with the translator's frequency as "'100.7 The Zone" and carries an alternative rock format.
On 10 December 2009, Calvary Chapel of Twin Falls applied the Federal Communications Commission to transfer the license for the translator to Cumulus Media, owner of Toledo's WXKR. The transfer was compeleted on 23 April 2010.
"The Zone", originally W265CB and WXKR-HD2, debuted in November 2001 on 106.5 WRWK at Delta, Ohio in the Toledo market, and lasted on analog until 22 June 2009, when WRWK became WLQR-FM as "The Ticket", a simulcast of WLQR (AM). The Zone remained on the Internet, and was added to the second HD Radio channel on 94.5 WXKR Toledo. When Cumulus acquired W265CB on 23 April 2010, the translator's frequency was shifted to 100.9 MHz, and was used to relay the HD2 signal from WXKR, giving The Zone an analog transmitter again. The translator's frequency moved back to 100.7 MHz on July 29, 2010, citing complaints from people unable to listen to Detroit rock station WRIF, located on adjacent channel 101.1 MHz.
- Query the FCC's FM station database for W264AK. Retrieved 2010-05-11.
- "Alternative Returns To Toledo At 100.9 The Zone". Malibu, California: All Access Music Group. 2010-04-23. Retrieved 2010-05-11.
- APPLICATION FOR AUTHORITY TO CONSTRUCT OR MAKE CHANGES IN AN FM TRANSLATOR OR FM BOOSTER STATION - FILE NO. BPFT - 20100429ADL
- "Zone Out In Toledo" from Radioinsight (May 5, 2011)
- Query the FCC's FM station database for W264AK
- FCC 349 Application for Authority to Construct or Make Changes in an FM Translator or FM Booster Station: BPFT-20091216AAK — discusses Cumulus swap of WTOD for W265CB with Calvary Chapel of Twin Falls
- Attachment 10 Exhibit A to BPFT-20091216AAK — proposed coverage map after increase to 99 watts