|City of license||Decatur, Alabama|
|Broadcast area||Huntsville, Alabama|
|First air date||December 17, 1990|
|HAAT||240 meters (788 feet)|
|Callsign meaning||Where You Find Direction|
|Affiliations||Bible Broadcasting Network|
|Owner||Bible Broadcasting Network, Inc.|
WYFD (91.7 FM) is a radio station licensed to serve the community of Decatur, Alabama, USA. It airs a Christian radio format to the greater Huntsville, Alabama, area. The station is owned and operated as part of the Bible Broadcasting Network.
Bible Broadcasting Network programming started on the station on December 17, 1990. The station was assigned the WYFD call letters by the Federal Communications Commission on January 15, 1991. Prior to this change the station had used the WBQM call sign.
|City of license||ERP
|W239AE||95.7 FM||Winchester, Tennessee||10||D||FCC|
|W280DA||103.9 FM||Florence, Alabama||80||D||FCC|
|W202BM||88.3 FM||Lawrenceburg, Tennessee||27||D||FCC|
- "Call Sign History". FCC Media Bureau CDBS Public Access Database. Retrieved January 2, 2008.
- "Station Information Profile". Arbitron.
- Fybush, Scott (June 12, 2002). "An Afternoon in Huntsville, Alabama". Tower Site of the Week.
- "BBN Stations - WYFD". BBN International. Retrieved January 2, 2008.
WYFD signed on the air December 17, 1990. WYFD is now a 9,000 watt output station operating in Huntsville, AL.
- "Active Translators by Station Translated". Christian Radio Tech. April 25, 2008.
- WYFD official website
- Bible Broadcasting Network
- Query the FCC's FM station database for WYFD
- Radio-Locator information on WYFD
- Query Nielsen Audio's FM station database for WYFD
|This article about a radio station in Alabama is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|