World Association of Investment Promotion Agencies
The World Association of Investment Promotion Agencies (WAIPA) is an international Non-governmental organization established in 1995 by the United Nations Conference on Trade and Development that acts as a forum for investment promotion agencies (IPA), provides networking and promotes best practice in investment promotion.
The objectives of WAIPA, as reflected in the Association’s Statutes, are to:
- Promote and develop understanding and cooperation amongst IPAs;
- Strengthen information gathering systems, promote the efficient use of information and facilitate access to data sources;
- Share country and regional experiences in attracting foreign investment and enhancing outward investments;
- Assist IPAs to advocate the promotion of policies, within their government, which are beneficial to increasing foreign direct investment and promoting economic development;
- Facilitate access to technical assistance and promote training of IPAs.
The Secretariat has been based in Geneva, Switzerland since 1995, but serves its membership in 124 countries.
|This article about a business, industry, or trade-related organization is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|