|City of license||McComb, Mississippi|
|Broadcast area||McComb, Mississippi
Pike County, Mississippi
|First air date||1975|
|Power||1,000 watts (day only)|
|Owner||Charles W. Dowdy|
|Sister stations||WAKK, WKJN, WAZA|
WAPF (1140 AM) is a Sports formatted broadcast radio station licensed to McComb, Mississippi, serving McComb and Pike County, Mississippi. The station is owned and operated by Charles W. Dowdy, debtor-in-possession, following the September 2011 bankruptcy filing by Southwest Broadcasting, Inc.
On September 21, 2011, Charles W. Dowdy, acting as the sole owner of license holder Southwest Broadcasting, Inc., dissolved the corporation and assigned the broadcast licenses it held (WAPF plus sister stations WAKH, WAKK, WAZA, WFCG, WJSH, WKJN, and WTGG) to himself acting as debtor in possession before initiating a Chapter 11 bankruptcy. The FCC approved the license transfer on December 19, 2011.
- "FCC Form 316, Section III, Item 5: Description of the Transaction". Federal Communications Commission. November 2011. Retrieved November 15, 2012.
- "Application Search Details ( BALH-20111129GBX)". FCC Media Bureau. December 19, 2011. Retrieved November 15, 2012.
- Query the FCC's AM station database for WAPF
- Radio-Locator Information on WAPF
- Query Nielsen Audio's AM station database for WAPF
|This article about a radio station in Mississippi is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|