|City of license||Ware, Massachusetts|
|Broadcast area||Springfield MA area|
|Branding||Real Oldies 1250|
|First air date||July 11, 1948|
|Power||5,000 watts day
2,500 watts night
|Callsign meaning||WARE, Massachusetts|
|Former callsigns||WRMS (1948–1949)|
|Affiliations||Fox News Radio|
|Owner||Success Signal Broadcasting, Inc.|
WARE (1250 AM) is a radio station broadcasting an oldies format. Licensed to Ware, Massachusetts, USA, the station serves the Springfield market. The station is currently owned by Success Signal Broadcasting.
WARE is one of three stations in the United States where the call letters spell out the name of the city of license. The other stations are WACO-FM in Waco, Texas, and WISE-FM in Wise, Virginia (a satellite of WVTF).
- "WARE reception verification". March 24, 1949. Retrieved May 17, 2014.
- Broadcasting & Cable Yearbook, p. A-168
- Query the FCC's AM station database for WARE
- Radio-Locator Information on WARE
- Query Nielsen Audio's AM station database for WARE
|This article about a radio station in Massachusetts is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|